270soft Forum

Uninted States 2008 Historical

A while ago I finished the scenario with past presidents running in '08. After Abe Lincoln helped me work out the kinks its to my satisfaction and ready to be posted so here you go:

2008 US Historical

Remember this is my first scenario but I think it worked out well. I may change it a little later and if I do I'll post it.

• Upvote 1

Very interesting! Out of curiosity, how did you come up with issue positions for things like Abortion?

Also, Nixon's integrity should be a little lower...

Issue potitions were a HUGE challenge. Luckily I had help. And I had to up the integrities because there was massive scandal after massive scandal all on integrity.

• Upvote 1

Nixon should probably be left or center-left on Universal health care, too. He tried to implement it following re-election, but the bill was killed pretty quickly in Congress.

Health insurance

In his 1974 State of the Union address, Nixon called for comprehensive health insurance with the following remarks:

"Turning now to the rest of the agenda for 1974, the time is at hand this year to bring comprehensive, high quality health care within the reach of every American. I shall propose a sweeping new program that will assure comprehensive health insurance protection to millions of Americans who cannot now obtain it or afford it, with vastly improved protection against catastrophic illnesses. This will be a plan that maintains the high standards of quality in America's health care. And it will not require additional taxes."[24]

On February 6, 1974, he introduced the Comprehensive Health Insurance Act. Nixon's plan would have mandated employers to purchase health insurance for their employees, and in addition provided a federal health plan like Medicaid that any American could join by paying on a sliding scale based on income.[24][25]

The AFL-CIO and the United Auto Workers lobbied to kill the plan, not because they were fundamentally opposed to universal health care, but because they hoped for an even better plan after the next election.[citation needed] With the collapse of the Nixon presidency, however, followed by his successor Ford's overarching concerns with the economy and government spending, the plan was put on the back burner and forgotten for a generation.[citation needed] Hillary Clinton proposed a very similar plan in 2007 while running for president.[26]

I'm gonna tweak the platforms around a little and put out a new version within the next couple days.

i have a few problems

jackson always wins the primaries

eisenhower should be more popular

eisenhower's home state is kansas

and

i think u should look at a really old map of the us showing what the thirteen colonie look like

(wv was once part of virginia) so feds should be more popular in wv for instance

other than that love it

i have a few problems

jackson always wins the primaries

eisenhower should be more popular

eisenhower's home state is kansas

and

i think u should look at a really old map of the us showing what the thirteen colonie look like

(wv was once part of virginia) so feds should be more popular in wv for instance

other than that love it

Jackson rarely wins for mee. I like Ike (no pun intended) where hes at and he was born in Texas. I don't really see a point in the map thing.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...