270soft Forum

New Scenario: The South 2010

This is my first scenario made from scratch. Its about the south seceding in 2009 over President Obamas policies and election its first president. Issues are done. Parties will be the Southern Liberals and Southern Conservatives. Need suggestions for canditates and endorsers. And I'm using CF. Also need help with EVs

• Upvote 1

This is my first scenario made from scratch. Its about the south reseceding in 2009 over President Obamas policies and election its first president. Issues are done. Parties will be the Southern Liberals and Southern Conservatives. Need suggestions for canditates and endorsers. And I'm using CF. Also need help with EVs

if obamas president? anyway

Southern COnservatives (Republicans I assume)

Rick Perry

Condi Rice

Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Charlie Crist

Southern Liberals (Democrats I assume)

Obama

Blanche Lincoln

ANd even make bill clinton because the south is a new country and hasnt had a president

sorry but thats all i could understand from the description

if obamas president? anyway

Southern COnservatives (Republicans I assume)

Rick Perry

Condi Rice

Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Charlie Crist

Southern Liberals (Democrats I assume)

Obama

Blanche Lincoln

ANd even make bill clinton because the south is a new country and hasnt had a president

sorry but thats all i could understand from the description

No what I'm saying is the south splits off from the North cause they're pissed at Obama (who in this scenario won in 2008) and form a new nation. Sorry for some reason I put receding instead of seceding.

• Upvote 1

Southern Conservatives

Rick Perry

Charlie Crist

Mike Huckabee

Fred Thompson

Bobby Jindal

Mark Sanford

Southern Liberals

Sam Nunn

John Edwards

Kathleen Blanco

Mitch Landrieu

Janet Napolitano

Bill Richardson

Centrists

Bill Nelson

Mark Warner

John McCain

I think having three main parties would be awesome. Just make the Centrists like a smaller faction, - like LD in the UK. Also don't over crowd candidates, there are hundreds we could add, just add the ones you think would be possible. Also that's a real unrealistic portrayal of the South, - this isn't 1865. <_< And I know a lot of southerns might find it offensive. How about this is instead about, the South winning the civil war? Just a suggestion.

All in all. I'm more then willing to work with you on this. :D I have a whole bunch of ideas.

Southern Conservatives

Rick Perry

Charlie Crist

Mike Huckabee

Fred Thompson

Bobby Jindal

Mark Sanford

Southern Liberals

Sam Nunn

John Edwards

Kathleen Blanco

Mitch Landrieu

Janet Napolitano

Bill Richardson

Centrists

Bill Nelson

Mark Warner

John McCain

I think having three main parties would be awesome. Just make the Centrists like a smaller faction, - like LD in the UK. Also don't over crowd candidates, there are hundreds we could add, just add the ones you think would be possible. Also that's a real unrealistic portrayal of the South, - this isn't 1865. <_< And I know a lot of southerns might find it offensive. How about this is instead about, the South winning the civil war? Just a suggestion.

All in all. I'm more then willing to work with you on this. :D I have a whole bunch of ideas.

I don't how offensive it could be. Its really to show how BAD Obama is not how intolerent the south is. Obamas isn't being portrayed as a reun of the mill democrat. Hes a terrible president. And I will add the centrist party but Mccain won't be in. Arizona didn't secede. And there are a few states that wouldn't be condidered "south" that seceded. Like The Virginias and Kansas. Theres a whole issue on letting non south red states into the union.

• Upvote 1

Florida - 27 EV's

Georgia - 15 EV's

South Carolina - 8 EV's

North Carolina - 15 EV's

Alabama - 9 EV's

Mississippi - 6 EV's

Louisiana - 9 EV's

Arkansas - 6 EV's

Tennessee - 11 EV's

Kentucky - 8 EV's

Virgina - 13 EV's

West Virgina - 5 EV's

Texas - 34 EV's

Oklahoma - 7 EV's

Kansas - 6 EV's

Missouri - 11 EV's

Total - 190 EV's

Thats all of them plus WV. Fiduring out the ev. totals for each state is next. BTw do you think I should add Bush and Clinton? They're both from the area and term limit rules don't apply.

Bill lives in NY now and I don't think Bush would run. :P

Southern Conservatives

Rick Perry

Charlie Crist

Mike Huckabee

Fred Thompson

Bobby Jindal

Mark Sanford

Sam Brownback

Southern Liberals

Sam Nunn

John Edwards

Kathleen Blanco

Kathleen Sebilus

Jay Rockfeller

Centrists

Bill Nelson

Mark Warner

Updated

If we could think of one or two more Centrists that would be nice.

Good idea. Nunn is more centrist.

Since the Conservatives are going to be the largest party [ if you agree with this? I mean I certainly think they would be in the South ] it's likely they'd have a more competitive primary.

Ron Paul as an independent?

Also why not use the old Confederacy flag.

Good idea. Nunn is more centrist.

Since the Conservatives are going to be the largest party [ if you agree with this? I mean I certainly think they would be in the South ] it's likely they'd have a more competitive primary.

Ron Paul as an independent?

Also why not use the old Confederacy flag.

Confederate flag was what I was thinking. And yes the Conservatives will have a competive primary (and will be the clear front runners in the general). Paul as an independent is a good idea. He could be a radical anti secession nut job. We also need VEEPs interviewers and endorsers.

Edit: Added Mike Easly and Robert Byrd for the Libs. I know Byrd is unrealistic becuase of his age but you never know.

• Upvote 1

Confederate flag was what I was thinking. And yes the Conservatives will have a competive primary (and will be the clear front runners in the general). Paul as an independent is a good idea. He could be a radical anti secession nut job. We also need VEEPs interviewers and endorsers.

Edit: Added Mike Easly and Robert Byrd for the Libs. I know Byrd is unrealistic becuase of his age but you never know.

as regan said, " age will not be an issue in this race because i don't want to criticize my opponett's youth and in-experience

Not really. I still need to do #s veeps and endorsers.

condi rice-veep-conservative

kay bailey hutchinson-veep-conservative

mary landrieu-veep-liberal

mary landrieu-veep-liberal

make fred thompson off by default

All three aren't from the area.

Why Thompson off?

because he said he would never seek a political office again