270soft Forum

I'm in the process of making a Texas 2006 scenario. However, my attempts at the map have been, frankly, worse than useless. I'd be most appreciative if someone could turn the attached map of Texas by congressional districts into one with the correct background that I can then use for the scenario.

planC01151_MAP1928356439before.jpg

Thanks for any assistance you can offer.

I'm going to suggest candidates, please note that not all of these people ran for Governor, however, I think it would be fun to include them:

Republicans

Rick Perry

Carole Keeton Strayhorn

Larry Kilgore

Rhett R. Smith

Robert "Star" Locke

Greg Abbott

David Dewhurst

Kay Bailey Hutchison

Susan Combs

Ron Paul

Democrats

Chris Bell

Kinky Friedman

Robert Gammage

Rashad Jafer

Bill White

Kirk Watson

Jim Turner

Tony Sanchez

John Sharp

Felix Alvarado

Barbara Ann Radnofsky

Rick Noriega

Gene Kelly

Sheila Jackson Lee

Nick Lampson

Lloyd Doggett

Garry Mauro

Maria Luisa Alvarado

Libertarians

James Werner

Scott Jameson

Judy Baker

Ron Paul

Independents (Make Two Parties)

Carole Keeton Strayhorn

Kinky Friedman

I'm going to suggest candidates, please note that not all of these people ran for Governor, however, I think it would be fun to include them:

Republicans

Rick Perry

Carole Keeton Strayhorn

Larry Kilgore

Rhett R. Smith

Robert "Star" Locke

Greg Abbott

David Dewhurst

Kay Bailey Hutchison

Susan Combs

Ron Paul

Democrats

Chris Bell

Kinky Friedman

Robert Gammage

Rashad Jafer

Bill White

Kirk Watson

Jim Turner

Tony Sanchez

John Sharp

Felix Alvarado

Barbara Ann Radnofsky

Rick Noriega

Gene Kelly

Sheila Jackson Lee

Nick Lampson

Lloyd Doggett

Garry Mauro

Maria Luisa Alvarado

Libertarians

James Werner

Scott Jameson

Judy Baker

Ron Paul

Independents (Make Two Parties)

Carole Keeton Strayhorn

Kinky Friedman

now some people might think this is stupid but y not add perot as an idependent?

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to start a Texas one, but I want to see how this works. Also, I would suggest not putting "OMGZ TEXAS HAS NO VP" for the VP choice. Instead, that should be for the Lieutenant Governor. Even though they are not on the same ticket, and it is possible to have a Gov from one side and a Lt. Gov on the other, it would make it more realistic.

For another Democrat, I would suggest Charles Stenholm. He is one of the few conservative Democrats left, and he reaches out to all sides.

For other Republicans, I would suggest Tom Craddick, just because he seems to be looking for that seat in the future.

I hope you realize that the map you have of the Congressional Districts is now incorrect. That was the map from the 2000 redistricting, but the 2003 mid-decade redistricting that cost Stenholm, Lampson, Bell, and several others their seats redid the map you have. I typed in "texas congressional district map" in Google Image Search and found this map that does the current CD's and done in the same fashion as your own map (probably made by the same person).

Texas Congressional District Map (2003)

I didn't put it as a .jpg so as to save room and I didn't know if you'd rather use the older, non-gerrymandered districting. I believe that map (the one I linked to) was changed again for the 2006 races; a federal court ruled that CD15 had been racially gerrymandered to diminish the power of Austin's Latino population or something like that.