270soft Forum

Question for Creating Governor's Races

Hello folks, have some questions that I'm looking for help with.

I recently purchased Campaigns Forever in hopes to create a Vermont 2008 Gubernatorial scenario. However, I have some questions about what ways to actually do this.

Since the state elects the governor solely on the basis of popular vote, I am unsure as of how to be able to actually simulate that result. For the primaries, I imagine I can just divide the state up by state assembly districts, and then divide delegates proportionally, but in a general election with electoral vote, I am unsure.

I've got some more specific questions about how to deal with some of the uniqueness of Vermont politics, but I thought that one was the most important to figure out first.

For each district (county) make each voter a member of the "Electoral College".

There are a couple of problems with this:

1. You can't use proportional representation

2. I think there is a maximum to how many EVs there can be in an election. Not sure about this one though.

I ended up breaking down the state by individuals towns (the map took FOREVER), and then awarding electoral votes based upon the amount of members that town has in the Vermont State Assembly. Therefore, Burlington has the most with roughly 8, and most rural small towns have 1. Playtesting will be long for this, so I should be able to work the kinks out.

Anyway, I'll continue to work on this, hoping I can find a way to really replicate the possibility of the Democratic party endorsing the candidacy of Progressive Anthony Pollina, even if that means entering him as a Democrat and Progressive.

Hello folks, have some questions that I'm looking for help with.

I recently purchased Campaigns Forever in hopes to create a Vermont 2008 Gubernatorial scenario. However, I have some questions about what ways to actually do this.

Since the state elects the governor solely on the basis of popular vote, I am unsure as of how to be able to actually simulate that result. For the primaries, I imagine I can just divide the state up by state assembly districts, and then divide delegates proportionally, but in a general election with electoral vote, I am unsure.

I've got some more specific questions about how to deal with some of the uniqueness of Vermont politics, but I thought that one was the most important to figure out first.

You could just make the whole state one political unit, but that might be a little boring.