270soft Forum

Pres. Assassination atempts & Pres. death

mguy77

I know what is topic doing here. Well in the age of terrorists, bombs, & well planned out threats assassination atempts & Pres. candidates death is a slight risk in life & should be placed in the game. With the death of Lincoln, JFK, RFK, & Pres. atempts on Ford, Reagan, & George C. Wallace provides proof that this issue needs to be dealt with. Add a 5% risk for assassination attempts/assassination in the game. With the surviving VP candidate picking a replacement for his VP & that person elevated to Pres. candidate status with the party's blessing. Please add your comments & input on this issue.

I agree, the hysterical maniac would be a good throw-in. Perhaps if you gave a speech that blasted an opponent in an area where he (or she...or it) lead overwhelmingly that could cause a fanatic to be drawn out or perhaps in a random area where you might get picked off or 'visited' by a 'goon.' Trashing the HQ wouldn't be a bad idea either. (Or even if you want dirty politics, you could have the option of hiring your own goons (kinda like spies) but make it where they'd take 20-30 days to "hire" and then 10 days to do their work for 1 turn or something like that???? If that's able to be implemented. ? :ph34r: ?

Hahahahaha! :lol: Lets just forget politics and make a Mafia Forever option! :ph34r: In all seriousness I do think this idea has some merit but assasinations should be pretty rare as well as violence against the opponent. Maybe Watergate breakins (high risk espionage on the enemy by a desperate opponent) could be very interesting...................... <_<

Now there's an idea more in line of what might be even better! (Anybody care to make the Sopranos (sp?) Scenario (Hu oh, look out!). Perhaps a little watergate in Nixon's campaigns (or any other for that matter) would indeed make things interesting! :lol:

I believe it should be toggle on/off for the feature. Also, big office breakins like Watergate would also be a nice touch as well w/ the same 5 precent chance of it happening to you & as for you authoritizing a break-in would be sweet but it carries the risk of being caught, major scandal & maybe being having your candidate being dropped from the ticket by the party if the pressure gets too hot for you & being replaced by your VP candidate to finsh the race. As for the Sorpanos, it would be a nice scenario to add the game w/ the Assassination(s) or attempts on the high end, maybe candidates from NY or NJ running for pres. & VP that have mob ties. Just a thought.

Assination attempts??

A 5% chance means it will happen every 20 times....

When the last time there was an assination attempt???

20 years ago....It's unrealistic in the present, because of tight secret service....

I think the idea is bad..thats my 2 cents

Since 1960, there has been

death of JFK

death of RFK

1 attempt on George C. Wallace puting him in a wheelchair

2 attempts on Ford

1 on Reagan

1 attempt on Bush Sr. from Iraq while in Kuwait as a former Pres.

2 attempts on Clinton, the plane in the White House & shooting w/ a semi-automatic rifle fired 29 shots as he ran down Pennsylvania Avenue

& last but not 9/11 attacks under W's watch as Pres. that scared NY & DC crazy.

that is 10 attempts in 44 yrs so I feel a 5 % attempt of Pres. assassination (or natural death while in Oval Office) is well justified.

That is the whole dollar on the subject in my POV.

Well Researched mguy77! I agree a 5% ratio with chance of being caught or on/off toggle sounds like a winner.

Although implying connections with NY or NJ could be sterotypical, but then again who doesn't sterotype us Southrons as idiots when we wrote the Dec. of Indpendence, Essentially turned the tide of the Rev. War, Wrote the Constitution, Virginia gave the US some of its finest Presidents, Invented the 1st working Submarine, Flamethrower, Land/Sea Mines, Double Barreled Cannon (all from 1861-1865), Gave WWI its heroes: President Woodrow Wilson, Sgt. Alvin C. York, WWII its heroes Eisenhower, Truman, Audie Murphy, Patton.......

Hi Mguy77, thanks for the suggestion. This was actually a feature that didn't make it into the final version (because of time constraints). If it does happen, it would probably be candidate specific (to allow the scenario designer to decide how likely it is that an attempt will be made on a given candidate). Thanks again!

Tony

Archived