270soft Forum

In need of a good Illinois Map

Hello all,

This is my first post on the site because I'm new to the post board!

I would like to make a Illinois Gubernatorial Scenario but, I have NO clue to how to get the background insert in to the paint program and than insert my Illinois map to outline?

Any help would be great and if anyone has a good Illinois map already made up with a break down in the Chicago land area that would be great!

I want to make a Scenario where you run in the counties of Illinois until you get to Chicago and than each ward is up for grabs! Yes I know that will take forever. But, the name of the game is President forever right! So here goes!

If anyone can help with the mapping or tell me how to do a map like that I would be grateful.

Thanks

Big Democrat

Hello all,

This is my first post on the site because I'm new to the post board!

I would like to make a Illinois Gubernatorial Scenario but, I have NO clue to how to get the background insert in to the paint program and than insert my Illinois map to outline?

Any help would be great and if anyone has a good Illinois map already made up with a break down in the Chicago land area that would be great!

I want to make a Scenario where you run in the counties of Illinois until you get to Chicago and than each ward is up for grabs! Yes I know that will take forever. But, the name of the game is President forever right! So here goes!

If anyone can help with the mapping or tell me how to do a map like that I would be grateful.

Thanks

Big Democrat

Great idea-- unfortunately I can't help with the mapping, but I am in Chicago, and a political junkie... so if you need any help with other aspects of the scenario, let me know!

jeff.panici@gmail.com

i have a pretty decent chicago map, but fitting in all the counties of IL and Chicago will be very difficult. The map area just isnt as big as it would need to be.

i think someone on the forums at some point said they were making a chicago election. might be worth getting in touch with them?

Simple search should do it.

One thing that may help with the map design is instead of doing all ~50+ wards of Chicago, break it down into 3, 4, or 5 (I believe Chicago has 55 wards, so using 5 regions will make things more evenly divisible) regions. The 33rd, Bridgeport (29 I believe), etc. will never give majorities to two different candidates, the lake wards will in general vote for the same candidate and so will the Northside wards.

On the other hand, using all the wards may make for a more interesting game (even if it makes barnstorming an impossibility); I'd love to play as a Democrat to see if I could lose every other county in the state and still win or come close in the popular vote by winning Cook County big.

One thing that may help with the map design is instead of doing all ~50+ wards of Chicago, break it down into 3, 4, or 5 (I believe Chicago has 55 wards, so using 5 regions will make things more evenly divisible) regions. The 33rd, Bridgeport (29 I believe), etc. will never give majorities to two different candidates, the lake wards will in general vote for the same candidate and so will the Northside wards.

On the other hand, using all the wards may make for a more interesting game (even if it makes barnstorming an impossibility); I'd love to play as a Democrat to see if I could lose every other county in the state and still win or come close in the popular vote by winning Cook County big.

Chicago has 50 wards. Cook County is vast majority of Illinois' population, so Democrats usually win state and national-level races - at least recently. The 41st ward is probably the only one that could even come close to going Republican in a major race, so it shouldn't make much difference how Chicago is broken down.

I don't think it makes a lot of sense to break down Chicago/Cook COunty into wards, just perhaps make it have more delegates/electoral votes in the general and be really difficult for a Republican to win.

If you need any help in this scenario, let me know as I am active in Illinois politics.