270soft Forum

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LATEST VERSION: v. 2.0.4 beta (DISCONTINUED; Version 3 continued by CountArach here -> http://80soft.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=9891 ) Post your e-mail to receive the revamped 2008 Gold scen

matvail2002@gmail.com Thanks a lot!

270gopred@gmail.com

Could somebody who's got it upload the scenario to rapidshare or preferably sendspace.com please?

I don't want to publish my email address pubicly (already get enough spam) and the author's inbox is full.

Thanks in advance.

For some reason, TheorySpark disabled the PMing system. You can e-mail me: chanda.choun at sbcglobal dot net

New Hampshire should be right-wing on the tax issue (even for Dem. primary voters) given their historical bias against tax.

I still think Oprah Winfrey should be stronger. Eliot Spitzer should still be Democratic.

Obama can leap into an early lead in Iowa rather too easily.

Still fun, though :).

New Hampshire should be right-wing on the tax issue (even for Dem. primary voters) given their historical bias against tax.

I still think Oprah Winfrey should be stronger. Eliot Spitzer should still be Democratic.

Obama can leap into an early lead in Iowa rather too easily.

Still fun, though :) .

Yep, real-life primary results will influence scenario development. They are just coming too fast. Hopefully, I will find some breathing room before the Florida primary. :D

Wyoming should have its delegates halved on the Republican side.

Also Wyoming goes rather too easily to Huckabee.

Crusaders? I know you're worried about balance, but it feels weird not to have many Crusaders.

Many Republican contests are Proportional, not Winner-Take-All.

(Human) Giuliani can cling to his national lead a little too easily, even against a human Romney, unless somebody wins Iowa/N.H./S.C. in which case he collapses.

Romney should probably have an event to give him a few million to cover his personal fortune.

Ron Paul could have a couple of events to cover his fund-raising days.

same is true on the dem side. is this fixable in a scenario or a game feature missing?

It can be fixed easily enough, and is correctly modelled (to the best of my knowledge & research) in the official 2000 & 1992 scenarios.

As for the Democratic primaries, they are indeed set to their proper proportional representation with a 15% threshold in 2008 Gold (along with the official 2008, 2004, 2000, and 1992 scenarios).

Momentum from previous states does not seem to matter when they actually vote, only in national polls (Huckabee/Obama in N.H.; Clinton/McCain in Michigan; Nevada?).

Organization and advertising does not matter against enthusiasm.

Free media (i.e. Clinton's crying game) and pandering (Romney "I will save your jobs" in Michigan) matter more than paid media and organization and candidate visits. (Not new, but taken to extremes in 2008.)

Thank god I don't do the 2008 scenario :).

The real election is CRAZY. I doubt I will ever be able to model the real results on this current game engine. :wacko:

You have done a great job trying to model the results as close to the real ones as posible, and thats great, especially since its been such a strange election to date. The only problem I have with the scenario is the blinking red dots, but overall its a great attempt. Thanks and keep up the good work.