270soft Forum

What's Coming at TheorySpark.com

Hi everybody,

Just an update on some of the things that are coming up from TheorySpark. We have no definite dates, so please don't ask when they will be released. :)

1. Updated 2008 Scenario. This will contain the latest information on the race, with expanded candidates. (It's hard to believe, but the official scenario start date of Oct. 1, 2007 is almost here.)

2. New 1992 Scenario. 2000 Scenario will go to official status.

3. A new Add-On. We will have more details on what it is in a bit. For now, all I can say is it's an add-on for P4E8 which should change it's capabilities in a big way.

4. An updated P4E8 game engine. Again, we will have more details in a bit.

Thanks for your interest in P4E8 and TheorySpark!

Anthony Burgoyne

http://www.TheorySpark.com

Games that spark the political imagination!

In addition to the possibility of a called election in the UK, there's also a legally required Australian election (probably November) and the possibility of a no confidence motion (over the Throne Speech) in Canada resulting in an election this fall.

So there quite a few elections lurking….

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question, are you still considering that feature that has candidates dropping out of the primaries and running as independents? (With a loyalty stat to go, so Anderson in 1980 for example will almost always run as an indie if things don't go his way whereas Giuliani doing the same in 2008 would be worthy of a gasp)

It's on the features to-do list, but that's all I can say right now.

Thanks,

Anthony Burgoyne

I have a question, are you still considering that feature that has candidates dropping out of the primaries and running as independents? (With a loyalty stat to go, so Anderson in 1980 for example will almost always run as an indie if things don't go his way whereas Giuliani doing the same in 2008 would be worthy of a gasp)

any news about the australian election game?

we're 1 week into the 6 week campaign and have just had the leaders' debate.

for all the non-aussies who might be interested .. after months of poll dominance the ALP has slipped significantly immediately following the calling of the election, but still maintain a handsome lead in the two-party preferred vote of about 55-45 over the liberal-national coalition. on those figures the ALP would win in a landslide but historically the 2PP margin narrows over the course of the campaign so we're probably in for a tight one..

go australian democrats in the senate... but given they wont win office i'll be preferencing the ALP...so go rudd! (god i love IRV/preferential voting)

Thanks for the question. Yes, we plan to release a new Australian scenario for use with Prime Minister Forever - Australia. It will be free for all existing PM4E - Australia owners. We are moving as quickly as we can on this.

Hope this helps,

Anthony Burgoyne

any news about the australian election game?

we're 1 week into the 6 week campaign and have just had the leaders' debate.

for all the non-aussies who might be interested .. after months of poll dominance the ALP has slipped significantly immediately following the calling of the election, but still maintain a handsome lead in the two-party preferred vote of about 55-45 over the liberal-national coalition. on those figures the ALP would win in a landslide but historically the 2PP margin narrows over the course of the campaign so we're probably in for a tight one..

go australian democrats in the senate... but given they wont win office i'll be preferencing the ALP...so go rudd! (god i love IRV/preferential voting)

I've got a question Tony. You say "we" are moving on this as quickly as possible. How many people are working on the different projects and scenarios? I never see anybody else saying they're a developer post. How many people are employed by 80soft full-time?

I've got a question Tony. You say "we" are moving on this as quickly as possible. How many people are working on the different projects and scenarios? I never see anybody else saying they're a developer post. How many people are employed by 80soft full-time?

My guess is two or three. There is a user named "DevTeam".

• 2 weeks later...

It will go to official with the next game update, which will also include some game engine improvements.

Hope this helps,

Anthony Burgoyne

I don't see why 2000 isn't at official status yet. Maybe a few candidates positions aren't filled out correctly (plus Buchanan and Browne are missing pictures) but those are fairly minor.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,

Here is an update on the 4 items we listed at the start of this thread.

"1. Updated 2008 Scenario. This will contain the latest information on the race, with expanded candidates."

An updated 2008 scenario has now been released.

"2. New 1992 Scenario. 2000 Scenario will go to official status."

2000 has now gone to official status, and 1992 has been released as Beta.

"3. A new Add-On. We will have more details on what it is in a bit. For now, all I can say is it's an add-on for P4E8 which should change it's capabilities in a big way."

As many of you know, this is President Forever 2008 Multiplayer. This has now been released as a limited testing Beta (and we just had our first successful 3 player game, in which John McCain took on the Republican mantle, with it coming down to McCain, Thompson, and Paul in the end!).

"4. An updated P4E8 game engine. Again, we will have more details in a bit."

We have released an updated P4E8 game engine with a few improvements. More will be released relatively soon.

Thanks again for your interest in P4E8 and TheorySpark!

Anthony Burgoyne