270soft Forum

New Scenarios

Although I agree that scenarios advertised should have been shipped with it, it's not like they're EA or anything. They have at best a couple of programmers and the occasional outside help.

They've also made clear that they decided to release Campaigns Forever first, instead of scenarios, so as to allow the community to make their own scenarios much easier (and it's worked, somebody just made 1988 and the collaborative 1968 scenario is a few errors away from release. Also 1964 is in the planning stages by someone else, and I've done a fair amount of work on a 1976 scenario).

I'd also note that 2000 came out a little while ago in beta form, and 1992 is in the works. These things take time, both to research (that is painfully clear, once you go back further then the 2000 election), and to actually make.

So I agree with you in principle (advertised scenarios should come with the game), but there are also valid reasons why they haven't come out yet.

Is there any update on when the scenarios('60,'80,'92) that were suppose to come with the game will be ready? After having the game almost half a year I still havent heard anything about them or heard of progress on them.

Thanks for the information. Where can I get the 1988 scenario?

Thanks for the information. Where can I get the 1988 scenario?

I also want the scenarios. Its nice they decided to do "Campaigns Forever" which you also have to pay for instead of doing what they said would do when President Forever + Primaries was purchased. They need to live up to there commitment and just do it

The Scenario Creation subforum is where ongoing scenarios are discussed, and you post your email address in the correct thread to get a copy.

Currently you can get 1988, and maybe Clark/Bayh's 2008 scenario. I'm not sending out new copies of the collaborative 1968 scenario until the errors are fixed (which has taken, and will take more, time). 1964 is being worked on and I'm working on a 1976 scenario as well.

I also want the scenarios. Its nice they decided to do "Campaigns Forever" which you also have to pay for instead of doing what they said would do when President Forever + Primaries was purchased. They need to live up to there commitment and just do it

They are doing it. Sadly this is not a world where waving a magic wand gets you what you want.