270soft Forum

I'm not usually one to do this, however I've got some issues with 80soft right now.

We have seen none of their promised scenarios, even though they were promised to the consumers in October. I bought this product with the knowledge that I was going to recieve everything I was told I would - not only have I, or anyone else, not recieved the scenarios, but we've been lied to for over a half year about getting them. This is false advertising, and a violation of contract on the part of 80soft.

I also have issue with when congress forever is going to be released, it was supposed to be in October of last year...and we are still waiting.

80soft, get in gear, myself and others have supported you a lot - it isn't fair to take advantage of customers like this.

The problem with 80soft isn't the work they do:- what they do is great. The problem is that they make promises that they can't keep. It's all very well intended.

-Their optamism is what drives them but it leads to dippy ideas

- they don't want to dissapoint and so they then go and say things that they know is total rubbish. Before anyone whines that that's not true we could see it was true over P4E primaries. They put the date back and back and back and then released it without testing for bugs (It was basically unfinnished). At the time I said to them ''look just say Q1 2007 and then you can always move the date forward and surprise us''. Instead, they followed the line that railway companies take in the UK. First it's slightly late, then it's a little bit late then it's fairly late then it's very late and ohh look it doesn't even work. I know I annoyed a lot of people at the time but I was the most accurate in predicting the release date, and even I was too optimistic.

Dear CanadianTory,

Thank you for making your concerns known to us. We are currently working on the historical scenarios as promised and will release them as they become available. Our decision to make Campaigns Forever a higher priority than the historical scenarios was based on what we felt would be the most beneficial to all our customers as a whole. Campaigns Forever allows customers to create high quality scenarios that everybody will be able to enjoy and will spur on the creation of more scenarios than we would be capable of releasing on our own. Now that Campaigns Forever has been released, a significant portion of our focus has returned to the historical scenarios once again.

Due to our limited resources, Congress Forever missed the 2006 Congressional elections - we continue to work on it and we thank you all for your continued patience and support.

If you have further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Anthony Burgoyne

Dear CanadianTory,

Thank you for making your concerns known to us. We are currently working on the historical scenarios as promised and will release them as they become available. Our decision to make Campaigns Forever a higher priority than the historical scenarios was based on what we felt would be the most beneficial to all our customers as a whole. Campaigns Forever allows customers to create high quality scenarios that everybody will be able to enjoy and will spur on the creation of more scenarios than we would be capable of releasing on our own. Now that Campaigns Forever has been released, a significant portion of our focus has returned to the historical scenarios once again.

Due to our limited resources, Congress Forever missed the 2006 Congressional elections - we continue to work on it and we thank you all for your continued patience and support.

If you have further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Anthony Burgoyne

Thank you for the response :)

Isn't that the 2000 beta?

Anyway you're certainly right on gathering beta testers, it's working out quite well for our Campaign '68 scenario.

I mean intimately behind the scenes, corresponding directly with the developers as well as doing actual scripting and coding.