270soft Forum

I was wondering if anyone else was trying to do proportional representation in the Electoral College? I can't find a mechanism for changing that. You can do it for each party's primaries, but not in the general election.

Maybe I'm just missing something.

Thanks!

(FYI - I'm trying to create a faux-Confederacy 2008 election, and figured a limited PR for the Electoral College would be interesting.)

I was wondering if anyone else was trying to do proportional representation in the Electoral College? I can't find a mechanism for changing that. You can do it for each party's primaries, but not in the general election.

Maybe I'm just missing something.

Thanks!

(FYI - I'm trying to create a faux-Confederacy 2008 election, and figured a limited PR for the Electoral College would be interesting.)

Hi KenDC,

Currently the President Forever 2008 game engine does not support PR for the general election. It is added as a possible enhancement later on.

Thanks,

Carl

Please do add this in one of the next updates. (At least as far as the Campaigns Forever system is concerned, it seems like a fairly quick thing to add, especially since there is a drop-down menu for the seat type already. Of course, it might be more complex for you programmers than for us users.)

Please do add this in one of the next updates. (At least as far as the Campaigns Forever system is concerned, it seems like a fairly quick thing to add, especially since there is a drop-down menu for the seat type already. Of course, it might be more complex for you programmers than for us users.)

Hi KenDC,

Adding the PR option to the Campaigns Forever product runs the risk of misleading customers as specifying PR for the General Election will not affect how the game engine itself would work. This would cause a lot of confusion as, understandably, a scenario creator would expect it to function as PR if we give them the ability to specify PR for the general election.

Once PR has been added to President Forever 2008, we will allow Campaigns Forever to create scenarios that utilize the PR system for the General Election.

Best Regards,

Carl

If it could be done in Campaigns it would be a good idea to give an option for STV, Double ballot and highest average. This would then allow campaigns in countries such as France, Ireland, Israel and the Netherlands. Pretty much everywhere in fact! That would be good....

• 2 weeks later...

The Australian PM4E system has preferences. It would be another interesting feature to play with on a presidential election. But PR for the general election is a must-have variable for creating non-U.S. elections, I think.

(Another feature, completely deviating from U.S.-style elections, would be to allow a straight-up-or-down popular vote election.)