270soft Forum

Forum

Anthony_270

I do have one almost up and going. It's also an Invision board, so it's very similar to this one. Just setting up a few final things and it should be good. Probably by Saturday.

That's great SaskGuy. I have only posted a little over 200 times in the 2 years since I joined, but have enjoyed checking in on an almost daily basis to read what everyone had to say. Recently, I have started to post more frequently and was shocked to read about the boards closure. It may sound strange because this is just one of many political forums on the net, but with only a handful of people who post daily, its as if we all know each other personally. My online life would be a lot less interesting if I coudn't read the latest debate between mantis and hunky_monkey, or the antics of the legendary MichaelM-BStronach-PMacKay love triangle :lol: . There have been some great discussions here, and sometimes a little humor as well, so I look forward to the new board and hopefully everyone will continue on.....even MichaelM. Just think about it for a second because I'm sure most will agree that without him and his social democrat friends, this board would have been a lot less interesting :lol:

If you want a forum to discuss politics go to this one: Atlas Forum

* It does include a President Forever Results thread.

Though I haven't posted many things on this forum, it's sad that it's going.

what a shame Anthony!!

begs the question WHY???

yr reason makes no sense. Monitor etc.... whatever? BS

close the whole forum or keep it the way it is. how can you possibly stop people from talking politics on a chat site built around a politcal game? the subject is bound to come up, don't you think?

incredibly dissapointed, disgusted, and regretful that I spent so much time, imagination and what have you contributing to your game and this forum

PISS OFF

finger.jpg

what a shame Anthony!!

begs the question WHY???

close the whole forum or keep it the way it is. how can you possibly stop people from talking politics on a chat site built around a politcal game? the subject is bound to come up, don't you think?

incredibly dissapointed, disgusted, and regretful that I spent so much time, imagination and what have you contributing to your game and this forum

PISS OFF

finger.jpg

Here Here or as Crazy Mike would say, Hear hear :lol:

what a shame Anthony!!

begs the question WHY???

PISS OFF

finger.jpg

A post like this can only further convince him that his decision was the right one.

finger.jpg

Is this you Johnny?

So far

SaskGuy

Dennis Kussinich 08

Michaelm

ramseyman

danieldlmn

Hunky_Monkey

progressivedem

JoSpiv

JJE

c_m_ryan2003

mantis

Redfazey

johnny_raoul

itsh

Alyosha Karamazov

Have all signed up on the new board, who is Alyosha Karamazov (i'm guessing Hippie/Trout Fishing.)

Hi everyone,

To answer a few questions about why, we have to focus on what we want to do best - which is make political games. We started the political discussion part of the board as an experiment, but running a political discussion board was detracting from our main mission and causing us some big headaches in the meanwhile (which I haven't, and won't, go into).

We'll post a link to http://www.politics80.ipbfree.com/ in a pinned thread for at least awhile. There is nothing in principle different from a board like this and the actual 80soft board, except that we aren't running it. We wish the new board well!

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Good riddance to all the name-calling and whining just witnessed above.

However, I do not see why Anthony could not have recruited volunteer moderators.