270soft Forum

Hi everybody,

We are going to be making a few changes to the forums in the next little while. Basically, it is too much work for us to monitor the political threads (and non-political threads), and although the moderators have done a good job, for various reasons we can't go that route in the future. So, we are going to be closing some of the political forums, and refining the board's focus.

I want to thank everyone for their lively commentary, which has made the forum a locus of political discussion. And, again, thanks to the existing moderators (MrCancer1981, Jean Seb, SaskGuy, JJE). If users want to continue their commentary elsewhere, we can put a temporary link up to redirect users.

These changes will take effect in the next couple of weeks.

Sincerely,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Guest Christian

Can you be a bit more specific.

Are you saying ALL non 'gaming' discussion will be ended?

Or are you closing down specific political forums?

If so, I think thats a great shame, very needless.

Guest Christian
:( How incredibly unfortunate. This forum is probably one of the most intelligent and diverse group of political minds I've found on the internet and I enjoy it thoroughly. If there's anything we can do to change this, please let us know.

It's nice you say that and I agree.

It's a small community and for the most part a very interesting one.

I hope that at least the game-related forums will carry on as they have been.

And being able to devote more moderating time to the bugs/suggestions and scenario-creation areas couldn't hurt. I've tried starting several threads there lately in recent days and they haven't seemed to have gotten reviewed yet.

All the political (and non-political) forums will be closed up. We simply aren't able to deal with the forums as they are, currently. We will provide a temporary link to another forum if users would like - a forum can be started up for free on various services.

Sincerely,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Can you be a bit more specific.

Are you saying ALL non 'gaming' discussion will be ended?

Or are you closing down specific political forums?

If so, I think thats a great shame, very needless.

I think this is a terrible shame.

The political forums are the lifeblood of this site.

I'm depressed now :blink: lol

I'd even miss you, Christian ;)

Seriously, though, we need to start a new one. progressivedem... what was the old site you had up and running when the political chat was closed here before?

Guest Christian
I'm depressed now :blink: lol

I'd even miss you, Christian ;)

Seriously, though, we need to start a new one. progressivedem... what was the old site you had up and running when the political chat was closed here before?

awww...I'd miss you too. ;):lol:

I must say, I'm annoyed at this. There's no justification behind this that I can see.

It is the people who used this forum that for the most part supported 80soft by purchasing their products. I for one will no longer be doing this. :angry: I am not suggesting others follow suit, because that would be wrong for me to do that, but......................................................

I'm willing to make a new political forum, if people want.

I must say, I'm annoyed at this. There's no justification behind this that I can see.

I'd imagine that 80soft didn't want their product associated with joke that is these forums. Seriously, have you ever LOOKED at them? Christian? Mantis? Boer-ax? Then you have little more than partisan hacks playing one up on each other. I'm shocked they took this long to close them down.

Guest Christian
I'd imagine that 80soft didn't want their product associated with joke that is these forums. Seriously, have you ever LOOKED at them? Christian? Mantis? Boer-ax? Then you have little more than partisan hacks playing one up on each other. I'm shocked they took this long to close them down.

Don't forget to include your pathetic islamo facist terror supporting ass on that list. :rolleyes:

You ignorant fool, you think you're so much better than everyone here.

You constantly talk about 'leaving' and then keep coming back. :lol:

You then make an idiot out of yourself by making up an imaginary friend. :lol:

Further to your many mistakes, you manage to insult pdem, probably the most moderate and decent person on the whole site. :rolleyes:

You clown. :lol:

I'm a bit cruel sometimes, Christian, like I am with you. Sometimes, and I know I should not do this, but sometimes....I admit....I enjoy picking on those who are of a less intelligence than me. I should be and I am ashamed of myself for it :P

Don't forget to include your pathetic islamo facist terror supporting ass on that list. :rolleyes:

You ignorant fool, you think you're so much better than everyone here.

You constantly talk about 'leaving' and then keep coming back. :lol:

You then make an idiot out of yourself by making up an imaginary friend. :lol:

Further to your many mistakes, you manage to insult pdem, probably the most moderate and decent person on the whole site. :rolleyes:

You clown. :lol:

Guest Christian

Yes, you claim you are more intelligent, yet some how I always manage to own your ass in every thread?

I wouldn't have thought that would be possible. :rolleyes:

How's your imaginary friend btw? :rolleyes:

What a pathetic little terror supporter you are.

Count me in.

Ditto.

I do have one almost up and going. It's also an Invision board, so it's very similar to this one. Just setting up a few final things and it should be good. Probably by Saturday.

Good to hear. Just in time for me to write my last exam of this year! :)