270soft Forum

Best PM Forever Results

What are your best PM Forever election results using the default 2004 scenario and without tinkering with the scenario in any way? Post a screenshot as shown below.

This is not my absolute best, but it is the best that I have a screenshot for:

pm4ever.JPG

Conservatives: 178 seats

Liberals: 70 seats

Bloc: 57 seats

NDP: 3 seats

To accomplish this, I spent virtually all of my time in Ontario, the west, Newfoundland and NB. I managed to win 77 seats in Ontario and swept Alberta and BC. I also pounded the hell out of Martin with ads about corruption.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive - my problem with playing as Harper is that I often end up in a vicious war with Martin that ends up hurting us both (But he'll usually come up on top). That's why I tend to run Harper's campaigns more positively, or at least try to rope the NDP in.

I don't take screenshots, but next time I play I'll take a screenshot.

Impressive - my problem with playing as Harper is that I often end up in a vicious war with Martin that ends up hurting us both (But he'll usually come up on top). That's why I tend to run Harper's campaigns more positively, or at least try to rope the NDP in.

Thanks! I kept doing research and uncovering Martin Scandals and I did a number of ads targetted at Ontario that used the research insight that were devastatingly effective. I did more barnstorming than anything else and when I gave speeches, I stayed totally positive. I also managed to win both the English as French debates. I spent the final 6 days of the campaign in Ontario doing nothing but barnstorming.

Jeez, I just tried a game and while I was doing great at first (124 seats, with a strong NDP), Martin just randomly started picking up seats in Ontario and Alberta. I lost the election 114 to 107.

Maybe it's because every one of my ads backfired, and I couldn't seem to spin the news successfully.

Jeez, I just tried a game and while I was doing great at first (124 seats, with a strong NDP), Martin just randomly started picking up seats in Ontario and Alberta. I lost the election 114 to 107.

Maybe it's because every one of my ads backfired, and I couldn't seem to spin the news successfully.

That'll do it! :lol::D:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Why is it that right-wingers always try to attack political leaders by attacking their facial features.

I'm surprised you didn't call Jack Layton a poopy-face. :lol:

I'm not talking about his facial features - I am talking about his penchant for smirking. I suggest you look up the word "smirk" in a dictionary.

Here, let me do it for you:

smirk

noun (plural smirks)

insolent smile: an insolent smile expressing feelings such as superiority, self-satisfaction, or conceit

Okay Mantis, you like denouncing the "lib-left" for their insults and intolerance, then preach by example, denounce Hard Right for his insulting Jack, for making gross and insulting generalizations about the left. I'm waiting, your credibility is on the line.

You have no credibility, Simon. Layton is a dangerous man who would be disasterous for Canada. Tell you what, you stop attacking people for their religion and stop encouraging people who do so and then we'll ease off on Smirking Jack. I won't subject myself or anyone else to the left's "do as I say not as I do" double standard.

I never attacked anyone for their religion, I did answer to HRC's vision of religion with my own, but that doesn't so much count as an attack than a discussion.

But I get it, you want to be able to insult and attack the left as much as you want, while the right is off-limits. Congratulations on losing what bits of credibility you had left.

What a hypocrite - all you do is attack the right as being "nuts", "racists", "homophobes", etc and yet you complain about us when we make accurate comments about Jack Layton. Your hypocracy precludes you from having any credibility.

now I'm making a new rule - this topic is for best showings and discussing your and others best showings. no political stuff.

if anyone does not follow the rule?

well

I'll eat you

just look at me:

Crazyman.jpg

besides, I am a political monster! B)

• 4 weeks later...

Canadian-Elections.gif

I probably could have done better but an ad backfired, well it teaches me a lesson about attacking a players integrity by way of a National Ad...

I got 100 Seats in Ontario, WOOHOO!!

I put an emphasis on public services in my campaign and Tax, but that then took a back seat after terrorism hit the newspapers. Attacks in London and Canada I think, not too sure to be honest, but then I put in my policy and it seemed to win over voters.

I used my own character, me! Amir Taheri, realistic stats and not all 5's

This is the 2004 election and I plan on doing it again and again until I get 200+ seats nationally.

You have no credibility, Simon.  Layton is a dangerous man who would be disasterous for Canada.  Tell you what, you stop attacking people for their religion and stop encouraging people who do so and then we'll ease off on Smirking Jack.  I won't subject myself or anyone else to the left's "do as I say not as I do" double standard.

Awesome Mantis! :D

Why bring that up, HRC? This thread is supposed to be only for posting results.

The correct thing to do would be for Mantis, you and me to edit the irrelevant posts to leave them blank and let only the results stand here. I'm going to do it first, leaving only this message on, in a few days or when you both have done so, I will also edit this message.

Deal?

Why bring that up, HRC? This thread is supposed to be only for posting results.

The correct thing to do would be for Mantis, you and me to edit the irrelevant posts to leave them blank and let only the results stand here. I'm going to do it first, leaving only this message on, in a few days or when you both have done so, I will also edit this message.

Deal?

What, precisely, would be the point in that????