270soft Forum

primary order

MDR

it would be very helpful for my campaign statagy to have a list i can print off, when the date for each primary for both parties if they r different from eachother. To save time i have no problem usein two letter short forms in the compiling of this list, but exact dates are essential.

A rough example of what id like is..

January*IA

January*NH

January*super tuesday(states that entails)

ect.

thx a lot

Merry Christmas

RAWSON4PRESIDENT

That sounds like a time-consuming task for someone to type out for you. Why don't you just go online and get the list...copy and paste onto Word...and print...there you go! Or...do what I did. Just play the game lots of times so that you just instinctively remembering the primary order!

That sounds like a time-consuming task for someone to type out for you. Why don't you just go online and get the list...copy and paste onto Word...and print...there you go! Or...do what I did. Just play the game lots of times so that you just instinctively remembering the primary order!

First, I will tell you about myself. My last name is Rawson, I am a Canadian Citizen living in Ontario. I am in my late teens/early twenties and poltics is my passion. As soon as I finish my degree in poly science and history I plan to teach for a while then before I turn 30 get elected to the ontario legislature. This is my fist experience on an online forum and am hesitant to release anymore information.

Second, Of course I tried surching for the list online, however the one I found does not add up to that of the game. Naturally I knew I was asking alot, and that it would be a long shot for this request to be filled. I do not expect some one to do it today or tomorrow, but I thought others might like to have a list of the dates and affected states that they can print off and refure to as the campaign progresses.

I actually plan to do this myself, but I figured, as it was astutly pointed out, it would be alot of work, and thought it possible that someone may have done something like this already.

In the short term though, could someone answer me this, in the stragy section, are the states listed in order? Montana is last and Ive always understood New Jersy to be the last primary.

Oh, I forgot to mention I am originally from Concord New Hampshire - my family is Canadian, so I got citizenship that way but spent my early years watching the states primary and my father was a precict captain. We return to our house outside Concord for the primary season.

Hi there,

President Forever + Primaries' 2008 scenario currently uses the 2004 primaries/caucuses schedules for the two major parties. The 2008 schedules are still being finalized, and once some key dates clear up we will be updating the 2008 scenario.

Thanks,

The 80soft Team

Second, Of course I tried surching for the list online, however the one I found does not add up to that of the game. Naturally I knew I was asking alot, and that it would be a long shot for this request to be filled. I do not expect some one to do it today or tomorrow, but I thought others might like to have a list of the dates and affected states that they can print off and refure to as the campaign progresses.
  • 4 weeks later...

The default 2008 scenario's primary schedule:

State Primary

Iowa 1/19/2008

New Hampshire 1/27/2008

Deleware, Missouri, Arizona, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina 2/3/2008

Michigan, Hawaii, Washington 2/7/2008

Tennessee, Virginia 2/10/2008

Nevada, Washington D.C. 2/14/2008

California, Wisconson 2/17/2008

Utah 2/24/2008

Connecticut, Minnesota, Maryland, Ohio, Georgia, Massachusetts, Vermont, New York, Rhode Island 3/2/2008

Louisiana, Texas, Florida, Mississippi 3/9/2008

Kansas 3/13/2008

Illinois 3/16/2008

Main 3/19/2008

Alaska, Wyoming 3/20/2008

Idaho 3/25/2008

Colorado 4/13/2008

North Carolina 4/17/2008

Pennsylvania 4/27/2008

Indiana 5/4/2008

Nebraska, West Virginia 5/11/2008

Kentucky, Arkansas, Oregon 5/18/2008

South Dakota, Alabama, New Mexico 6/1/2008

Montana, New Jersey 6/8/2008

Note that this is for the Republican primaries. I haven't played as a Democrat yet, so I'm not sure if the dates are different or not.

You can get the scedule for the primaries by pulling up the Strategy dialog though.

I'd recommend copying the above list and pasting it into Excel or something.

Archived