270soft Forum

What's next from 80soft

Hi everybody,

Just a quick update on what's going on at 80soft. We are about to release an updated President Forever + Primaries, including an integrated Candidate Editor, updated 2008, and various bug fixes and tweaks. We will be releasing this initially as a Beta, then moving it to an official update.

We'll also start releasing the historical scenarios as Betas here soon.

Thanks,

The 80soft Team

This may not be the best place to discuss this, but I'm curious as to what others would think of this feature: I've noticed that in order to offer someone the VP spot, you need to first have the nomination locked up on your own. I think that perhaps this should be modified (if possible) to make it so that you alone need not have the majority of delegates, but you would with the addition of your prospective VP's delegates. Thus, offering the VP spot works like asking a candidate to withdraw and endorse you, but with the caveat that (obviously) you only do it once, and as a means to put you over the top in an otherwise close race.

It seems to me that in a situation like that, the other candidate would have a higher chance of accepting as opposed to just withdrawing and endorsing you (since he now gets to be the VP nominee) and it would reflect a real political likelihood: that a front-runner in a long race needs to "buy off" another candidate in order to ensure the nomination.

Does anybody else agree with this?

Thanks PCalder, we'll consider this. It's noted.

The 80soft Team

This may not be the best place to discuss this, but I'm curious as to what others would think of this feature: I've noticed that in order to offer someone the VP spot, you need to first have the nomination locked up on your own. I think that perhaps this should be modified (if possible) to make it so that you alone need not have the majority of delegates, but you would with the addition of your prospective VP's delegates. Thus, offering the VP spot works like asking a candidate to withdraw and endorse you, but with the caveat that (obviously) you only do it once, and as a means to put you over the top in an otherwise close race.