270soft Forum

harperblowouthl2.jpg

So anyways, I won a spectacular victory as Stephen Harper by attacking Stephane Dion for his opposition to Senate reform as well as for his position to 'cut and run' from Afghanistan. I also gained considerable momentum by running on tax cuts and senate reform, as well as moving to the center on the environment (which I got away with). Plus, I spun several high profile scandals on Layton and Dion, which also dented their momentum and spun away the scandals on me. So anyways, as the Bloc wasn't much of a threat- they ended up becoming official opposition. Meanwhile, the Liberals and Dippers were decimated (the former more so).

Anyways, my proudest achievement yet, considering the places where I won as the tories.

• Upvote 1
:lol:

Wouldn't there be a good chance that the Conservative candidate would knock him off next election? Or, heaven forbid, split the vote and allow the Liberal to win? :o

It depends how much they like Garth. He might be able to pull it off.

• Upvote 1

I managed a 191 seat majority as Harper by simply running negative Dion and positive Harper ads on Senate Reform and Afghanistan everywhere except Montréal and Alberta (though I did run positive Harper ads in Alberta during the first week). I used the environment as the third theme to offset my unpopular position and get the bonus.

During the first week, I concentrated on getting all four momemtum boosting endorsements, which let me stop running positive ads on myself and concentrate on Dion negative ads only for a week or two. There were also, of course, fun scandals on Dion.

The final results were: Harper 37/191

Dion 22/40

Layton 24/41

Duceppe 9/34

I won every region except Western Québec, Vancouver (where the NDP made a late surge) and Montréal.

Wouldn't there be a good chance that the Conservative candidate would knock him off next election? Or, heaven forbid, split the vote and allow the Liberal to win? :o

I would actually bet in the latter direction, barring, of course, extreme circumstances...his riding's location and that point to a Liberal win with a split vote. Really, though, the best thing the Conservatives ever did was get rid of him.

The Greens can also end up getting a seat in Cape Breton-Canso...I gave May some good odds there, gave her most of the NDP vote and some of the Liberal vote...it's a horserace, though.

I would actually bet in the latter direction, barring, of course, extreme circumstances...his riding's location and that point to a Liberal win with a split vote. Really, though, the best thing the Conservatives ever did was get rid of him.

The Greens can also end up getting a seat in Cape Breton-Canso...I gave May some good odds there, gave her most of the NDP vote and some of the Liberal vote...it's a horserace, though.

May's won the seat most of the games I played, and that's usually the only seat the Greens win.

Thought GOProgressive's was big - check this out (on medium with all four options on)

4cwzeax.png

I ran on Leadership, Senate Reform and Personal Taxes, and ran one as campaign on those each. I influenced to get support from the Council of Canadians, in addition to the Retail Council, Fraser Institute.

I attacked Dion aggressively - hitting him on every issue under the sun in speeches. Ditto for Layton. I ran three negative ad campaigns against Dion and one against Layton. I also ran a Quebec negative campaign against Duceppe, and was assisted by a Duceppe Scandal. I used Dion scandals to curb any chance of him regaining momentum. I didn't worry about the debates at all. As mentioned, most of my daily campaigning was either policy speeches (almost all attacks) or barnstorming. Occasional issue knowledge.

Won all regions except Western Quebec, where the seat split was 13 Bloc to 7 Tory.

Oh - Arthur Andre won in Portneuf-Jacques Cartier; Garth Turner lost to the Liberals in Halton; the Greens won a seat in Victoria.

• 2 weeks later...