270soft Forum

Nelson Rockefeller is a Crusader for George Romney. He probably shouldn't be, since he is running his own campaign.

Thanks.

That's left-over from when Romney was one of three options for Rockefeller-Lindsay-Romney before I decided to turn Romney into the favourite son he was by the time the scenario starts.

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Johnson...L-4...I-3...E-5...IF-3...C-4...S-4...D-3 Kennedy...L-4...I-3...E-2...IF-4...C-5...S-4...D-3 McCarthy...L-4...I-3...E-3...IF-4...C-4...S-3...D-4 Nixon...L-4...I-3...E-5...IF-4...C-3...S-4.

I'd also like a copy, please. chandallah@netscape.net

matvail2002@gmail.com

Initial feedback:

I could only play up to the end of the June 18th turn when a 'something Floating Point error' froze up the game. As to before then, the game works quite well, though I noticed, playing as Humphrey, my favorite sons betrayed me and endorsed Kennedy (what makes them do this, and how to I avoid it?). I think I got kind of cocky with my comfortable lead in the Primaries; I almost lost my lead to a rapidly ascending Kennedy after New Hampshire (and actually did fall behind for a few turns). Are the EP costs of actions increased? - Humphrey has a Stamina of 4, but I was resting more than I'm accustomed to. Humphrey has no Crusaders - is this historical or an oversight? While I struggled against Kennedy, Nixon easily took most GOP Primaries. I quite like the idea of Network Ads, but boy are they pricey and shot-lived!

Initial feedback:

I could only play up to the end of the June 18th turn when a 'something Floating Point error' froze up the game. As to before then, the game works quite well, though I noticed, playing as Humphrey, my favorite sons betrayed me and endorsed Kennedy (what makes them do this, and how to I avoid it?). I think I got kind of cocky with my comfortable lead in the Primaries; I almost lost my lead to a rapidly ascending Kennedy after New Hampshire (and actually did fall behind for a few turns). Are the EP costs of actions increased? - Humphrey has a Stamina of 4, but I was resting more than I'm accustomed to. Humphrey has no Crusaders - is this historical or an oversight? While I struggled against Kennedy, Nixon easily took most GOP Primaries. I quite like the idea of Network Ads, but boy are they pricey and shot-lived!

If you have a save game just before that turn that always leads to that floating point error, I can get it looked at.

Your favourite sons are heavily biased to like you—but of course they can be talked away from supporting you. So you'll have to spend some PIP if somebody goes after them.

EP costs of fund-raising are higher.

Humphrey should have Crusaders, but it's hard to find high profile people who supported him and who aren't Favourite Sons (and, of course, LBJ was screwing with Humphrey).

The GOP primaries are easier for Nixon because I can't model the convention properly which represents his real challenge in 1968.

Yeah, Democrats rarely get a shot at more than one or two Network ads.

I got 2 emails but no scenario attachment in either could you resend it thanks, mdlevy85@earthlink.net

Puzzling. I'll send it out again.

Thanks a million. Very realistic. I have now idea how you guys do it!!!

B.C. jones

A Cargo Cult, mostly.

(And thank you.)

There is a minor typo in the RFK description for the general and the Rockefeller description for the primaries.

Any ways, first feedback: I started a game as RFK and fundraised a couple of times and barnstormed once on the first turn. This took way more energy than I thought and RFK collapsed from exaustion twice.

There is a minor typo in the RFK description for the general and the Rockefeller description for the primaries.

Any ways, first feedback: I started a game as RFK and fundraised a couple of times and barnstormed once on the first turn. This took way more energy than I thought and RFK collapsed from exaustion twice.

Fundraising takes 35 energy points, - but raises much, much, much more money then in the original game. Basically, - it's much more realistic, such as the barnstorming also costing more, but being more effective.

Fundraising takes 35 energy points, - but raises much, much, much more money then in the original game. Basically, - it's much more realistic, such as the barnstorming also costing more, but being more effective.

What Kauai said.

Basically background fund-raising has deliberately been turned way down, and the costs of doing things turned way up (roughly speaking you'll break even every week with activities + background fund-raising). Therefore if you want to run ads you have to fund-raise, which takes time and energy—but can get you quite a lot in the pre-Watergate era. It climbs to multiple millions when you're on a momentum roll.

Given that Nixon and the Republicans have a lot more money it also helps simulates the money gap.

I don't know what the upcoming changes to President Forever/Fund-raising will do but with any luck they'll help or at least not hurt.

(Properly speaking the game needs a fund-raising screen where you can build connections to rich people, establish direct mail operations, open up internet stuff in more modern elections, handle the intricate details of the FEC financing and so on.)

Thanks, I'll fix them—what are they?

RFK General description says at the end that "In the eyes of many, Kennedy both hopes to finish the work of his brother." Either a sentence got cut off or the both is a typo.

Rockefeller's primary description says "That only he can the 1968 general election" It should be "That only he can win the 1968 general election"

Okay, I'm in the middle of another game, again as HHH. I found that if I start aggressively campaigning early, instead of taking my initial lead in the primaries for granted (which I made the mistake of doing the first time), the other Democratic challengers go down pretty easily. After all drop-outs and endorsements, it was down to me and RFK, and he just had Indiana, I had every other state. Nixon cleaned the board GOP-side in the meantime. Why are there American Independent primary debates, and why are they after the American Independent Convention? I still would kind of like at least one crusader for Humphrey, if someone could be found. I love Network Ads! By the GE, I'm able to use them at least decently regularly (at least within their restrictions, but I refer to having the money), though I only use them when targeting Nixon; when hitting Wallace, I just use local TV ads in the Southern states. I seem to have gotten over the error that made the scenario crash by emptying my savegames folder. I'll have more when I finish the game.

Okay, I'm in the middle of another game, again as HHH. I found that if I start aggressively campaigning early, instead of taking my initial lead in the primaries for granted (which I made the mistake of doing the first time), the other Democratic challengers go down pretty easily.

Why are there American Independent primary debates, and why are they after the American Independent Convention?

I still would kind of like at least one crusader for Humphrey, if someone could be found.

Yeah, if HHH had been aggressive he would have won pretty easily—which is why playing as him in primaries isn't recommended.

It's a good question, and I have no idea :).

His wife, I suppose.