270soft Forum

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Johnson...L-4...I-3...E-5...IF-3...C-4...S-4...D-3 Kennedy...L-4...I-3...E-2...IF-4...C-5...S-4...D-3 McCarthy...L-4...I-3...E-3...IF-4...C-4...S-3...D-4 Nixon...L-4...I-3...E-5...IF-4...C-3...S-4.

I'd also like a copy, please. chandallah@netscape.net

matvail2002@gmail.com

Feedback? I'd like to get this scenario (finally) out the door, and I'd prefer not to wind up having to fix something big or small after I send it off to the Scenario Repository.

I'm thinking of giving Nixon/Republicans a bonus amount of money in the closing week or two of the scenario as computer players don't hold enough fund-raisers. Reasonable? Unneeded? It's hard to balance for both computers and humans, especially in a scenario with this many moving parts.

I feel that this scenario is good all and all. It would be nice to have a spacebar party, but it isn't necessary. For some reason, and i believe that it is related to my computer, the scenario will not play. If this is somehow related to the scenario being to fragile it's a shame, since after spacebarring with Wallace I got a close election. What the game does bring up is how Nixon actually had a difficult time winning, as he did not have as many states to draw support from as Republicans do now, with the south being more pro-wallace. I found this interesting. All and all a solid scenario.

I feel that this scenario is good all and all. It would be nice to have a spacebar party, but it isn't necessary. For some reason, and i believe that it is related to my computer, the scenario will not play. If this is somehow related to the scenario being to fragile it's a shame, since after spacebarring with Wallace I got a close election. What the game does bring up is how Nixon actually had a difficult time winning, as he did not have as many states to draw support from as Republicans do now, with the south being more pro-wallace. I found this interesting. All and all a solid scenario.

Hmm. The scenario does run elsewhere, so it's not just the scenario (although it may be some weird inter-related computer & this-particular-scenario problem).

Honestly I just don't like spacebar parties (though, until TheorySpark adds a hands-off mode I reluctantly admit they are sometimes needed), but it's easy enough to add one for the general.

Yep. If Wallace wasn't running Nixon would have walloped whoever the Democrats put up… and did, as Nixon's '72 vote total is very close to Wallace+Nixon's '68 vote total (though, of course, McGovern was a darn weak candidate).

I found that I would almost always fail barnstorming, issue knowledge, or debate prep as Reagan, unless I had bonus CPs, in which case I would only occasionally succeed.

Yeah, I've had feedback on that before. I really don't know why, but I'll take a look at Reagan's stats and compare them to Nixon's stats.

I'd love to try out this scenario!!! If possible, please send it to flairmark1976@hotmail.com.

Regards,

B.C. Jones

I think I was in the hotmail group.If possible, please try flairmark1976@charter.net.

I've studied the 1968 campaign quite a bit and look forward to trying the scenario.

Regards,

B.C. Jones

o

Is it possible to get this on megaupload or another site?

Anything is possible, but as I keep saying: it's not done yet! This is still technically a beta test, albeit one where most of the beta testers don't provide feedback (hey wait, that means it's like every beta test ever :)

Wallace lost five weeks of campaigning because of the death of his wife Governor Lurleen Wallace. This should probably be represented by a momentum loss.

I don't suggest people play the scenario from primaries to the general. It's more accurate to play the primaries, quit, and start the general with the winning candidates from both Democratic and Republican sides. The game overstates the effects of primary campaigns on general elections states, and if you win your primary earlier your money advantage would be gigantic due to the way fund-raising works.

Therefore Wallace is basically superfluous during the primaries.

Release Candidate 3 Notes

Tennessee changed to caucus, as it clearly did not hold a primary that year.

South Dakota's date adjusted to actual (I transposed the numbers).

CBS & NBC will always offer Democratic candidates a lot of slots because they're centre-left. Nothing I can do about that without killing them entirely… as I 'm considering, 'cause they seem to flood the newspaper headlines.

Bug in President Forever prevents me adding a threshold in Republican primaries to prevent unlikely/stray delegates. The Democratic threshold of 15% in primaries is meaningless (since winning means you get all the delegates) and the 15% threshold in caucus states seems a reasonable limiter on support—if you can't muster that much support, the bosses probably wouldn't give you any delegates.