270soft Forum

P4EP Bugs

Here's one...

I was playing as several candidates in the same game (in an attempt to give all their support to one player). However, the game crashed several times when I offered PIPs to that single candidate from more than 2 other candidates. The crash occured when I opened up the endorsements screen. It seems that you can't have PIPs from more than 2 other candidates at the same time or it will crash {List index out of bounds}.

Something strange happened in my attempt to win the 08 Dem primaries with Clark. I started by barnstorming the heck out of Iowa and New Hampshire and got them quickly on my side. Then I moved on to South Carolina and North Dakota and similarly was able to move them into my column by barnstorming. The Iowa Caucus came and I got 70%. In NH I got in the 40s.

Then I tried to campaign in other states, like Missouri, New Mexico, Deleware, Etc. But no matter how much I and my crusaders barnstorm in these states, NO undecideds start supporting me. These are all states with 20-30% undecided, but even barnstorming a gazillion times has no effect whatsoever. Barnstorming produces momentum no problem, and I have had 10-15 momentum in all of these states no problem for several turns. Yet it has no effect at all. What is going on???

I'm not sure if this board is for new bugs or just a clean page to read new and old bugs...here's an old one that wasn't addressed in the most recent update:

When you make an offer including PIPs to another candidate, if that candidate withdraws (unrelated to your offer), your PIPs disappear with him...even if they don't accept your offer before withdrawing (or accept someone else's offer to withdraw).

Also, I'm still not sure why after the primaries are all tallied (but before the convention) non-winning candidates continue to attack the winner and lower their momentum. I'm not sure if it effects the to-be-candidate on a national level because the percentages for each state on a national level don't mean anything (or at least don't make sense to me as the state percentage is not the same % in the strategy box) until after all conventions are finished.

I guess there are a few issues in this post!

Couple more..

congress.jpg

And in this second one. I had edited the scenario to give the other 2 parties more money to make it a 4 party competitive election. In the end however the total vote count was too high

lotsofvotes.jpg

I should also note that in that game, after the election was called for the republican because of the tie it then displayed a box after I clicked the map that said the election was too close to call and that they took back the projection. But however all the votes had been counted so I couldn't fast forward and nothing changed.

As for 3rd party candidates...

I was playing as Nader and Clark in the '04 scenario. When i got bored of playing two candidates at the same time, I had Nader endorse Clark and drop out. After that point, however, I wasn't able to access the national election screen and when the independent convention came around (it shouldn't have...Nader dropped out), the game crashed. Once they're in...3rd party candidates can't be removed from the game. I haven't tried to have a computer-run 3rd-party candidate endorse me...has anyone tried? Does it crash as well at the conventions?

Well, I got the save game bug that I believe has been reported hundreds of times, so I had to keep this game up overnight and during school today. I finally get home and manage to finish the campaign, the first time I'd done this in PF+P.

Then this happened.

arghak9.png

The game becomes frozen... so I have to control+alt+delete to get out if it. ARGH!! Of course I don't have any save game from after the primaries because of the save game bug <_<

This has happened many times before on election night; whenever I drag the election screen down to check how the states stood before the election (as you can see, I was in the process of being shocked that I won Kentucky rather out of the blue), the game seems to freeze. You can't see it, but this seems to happen when I drag it below the start bar, oddly enough.

Not a bug, but Kucinich's stance on abortion should be left. He opposes federal funding of it, something a person who would be far-left on abortion most likely wouldn't do. (Plus, he was one of the most pro-life members of Congress before his sudden switch)

• 2 weeks later...

Small suggestion:

Could it be like if McCain was the GOP nominee for example and say -- every time the GOP nominee went up 1% in the national popular vote, he would advance 2% in the Red States and 1% in the Blue States?

That could remedy situations like Alabama going Blue etc but without making MA go red.

Edit: Conversely, same deal if he went down 1% - down 2% in the Blue States, 1% in the red states.

Small suggestion:

Could it be like if McCain was the GOP nominee for example and say -- every time the GOP nominee went up 1% in the national popular vote, he would advance 2% in the Red States and 1% in the Blue States?

That could remedy situations like Alabama going Blue etc but without making MA go red.

Edit: Conversely, same deal if he went down 1% - down 2% in the Blue States, 1% in the red states.

You've got it upside down. The game calculates the votes in each state, and then adds them up to make up the popular vote. You seem to think it calculates the popular vote and divides it among the states.