270soft Forum

Bug Bounty Hunters

admin_270

Hello,

There seems to be at least one elusive bug left that is causing problems. If you are someone experiencing these problems, this is how you can help us out greatly. In return, the first person to send us this will be the recipient of a complimentary copy of Congress Forever.

1. You start a new game in v. 1.00.5.

2. You have saved the game just before you click the Done Turn button on some turn.

3. Then, the game crashes after you have clicked the Done Turn button.

(Alternately, you have saved the game, and then just after doing something else the game crashes. If so, please state what action is required to get the game to crash.)

Any candidates for this, please e-mail a ZIPPED version of your save game file to us.

Thanks for any help on this,

The 80soft Team

This doesn't concern the bug mentioned above, but I want to mention two other bugs to you.

I don't know if other people are experiencing this also, but in 1.00.5, after I successfully research a scandal on my opponents, it doesn't show up in the research box, and so I can't ever release it. It just disappears. This has been happening consistently, and I haven't been able to release any scandals with any candidate in version 1.00.5...

Also -- whenever I finish a game the "autoupdate" button on the home screen becomes unchecked, and when I check it again, I get a "list out of bounds" error.

Finally, I just want to mention that, when playing as a minor third party candidate, even if you kick ass and nearly win (or barely win) the presidency -- which is awesome for a third party -- you don't have a shot of being "great" or "tricky" or getting on the high scores. That's even if you exceed the "party goal" for the election. I think the scores should be based at least in part on how well you outperformed your party's goals/expectations.

Thanks yernirsh, if we'll look into the first two issues you described below. If anyone else has these issues, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

This doesn't concern the bug mentioned above, but I want to mention two other bugs to you.

I don't know if other people are experiencing this also, but in 1.00.5, after I successfully research a scandal on my opponents, it doesn't show up in the research box, and so I can't ever release it. It just disappears. This has been happening consistently, and I haven't been able to release any scandals with any candidate in version 1.00.5...

Also -- whenever I finish a game the "autoupdate" button on the home screen becomes unchecked, and when I check it again, I get a "list out of bounds" error.

I am playing version 1.00.5 and saved a game partway through the primaries (mid February 08) and then went back into PFE a few days later and played until mid April 08 and then got an out of bounds error when pressing end of turn. I cannot save my current position or anything else so have lost the gameplay.

I will replay and try and get more information for you. Can I send you the .sav file or do you require something else?

Thanks for making a good game and version 5 is more realistic in both the primaries and general election maps.

not the bug you're asking for but this is happening.

A problem I am having is that I can't download the version 1.005 because when it auto updates, it has a error downloading the update. I'm not sure how to fix it. I'm still on version 1.003.

It says this:

Error installing file : p4e.exe

The whole log says this --

Updates are available

Downloading file : autoupdate.exe Size : 442 KB

Installed file : autoupdate.exe

Downloading file : p4e.exe Size : 7817 KB

Error installing file : p4e.exe

Downloading file : United States - 2008\endorsers.xml Size : 176 KB

Installed file : United States - 2008\endorsers.xml

Downloading file : United States - 2008\scenario.xml Size : 5 KB

Installed file : United States - 2008\scenario.xml