270soft Forum

Romney cannot decide wether to endorse himself or not

Check 2008 primaries with Romney on, shouldn't he uh, be endorsed in Mass? Since he'd, you know, endorse himself?...

Edit: Actually, the new Governor was decided. So, best to go with the soon-to-be Governor.

I'd also suggest tweaking the Govs' endorsements. In the Dem primary, it seems like they all start neutral but end up endorsing Hillary if you don't put any effort into getting them on board. I'd suggest that Mike Easley and Ruth Ann Minner should be leaning strongly towards endorsing Edwards and Biden, for example, since the state-level political "machinery" often lines up behind a local candidate.

We'll be updating the Governors, probably with the next major update.

Yeah, they need to change the governors in light of the '06 elections. Romney's out of MA, Bush's out of FL, Ehrlich's out of MD, Taft's out of OH, Pataki's out of NY, etc. More info here: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/wr...orecard-62.html

This is a good point - thanks.

I'd also suggest tweaking the Govs' endorsements. In the Dem primary, it seems like they all start neutral but end up endorsing Hillary if you don't put any effort into getting them on board. I'd suggest that Mike Easley and Ruth Ann Minner should be leaning strongly towards endorsing Edwards and Biden, for example, since the state-level political "machinery" often lines up behind a local candidate.

There are a couple of situations I mentioned in another thread with endorsers who are also crusaders not endorsing the person they are crusading for. One example that will still be there even after updating is Schwarzenegger. There are a couple of others like that. Maybe sitting govs should not be crusaders as a rule.

There are a couple of situations I mentioned in another thread with endorsers who are also crusaders not endorsing the person they are crusading for. One example that will still be there even after updating is Schwarzenegger. There are a couple of others like that. Maybe sitting govs should not be crusaders as a rule.

Perhaps a solution to this would be two have two tiers of endorsers: some for the candidate (wife, other family, close political allies) and then another tier just for the party (the President, Vice-President, and major politicians). The second group of crusaders could be unlocked only by winning the party's nomination.

This addresses the fact that while Arnold may have only been supporting one guy in the primaries, he would probably still help the eventual nominee in the general election.

Just a thought.