270soft Forum

Whom Vs. Whom revamped

Should I redo Whom vs. Whom?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should I redo Whom vs. Whom?

• YES
    • NO, MAKE A WHOLE NEW 2008 SCENARIO

I am planning to add more candidates to the whom vs. whom 2008 scenario I created. I want to add all possible Democrats and Republicans who would consider running. I know I made Jesse Ventura too tough in this scenario (he really kicked my ass too! <_< ) I will make it as realistic as possible. Please give me your ideas, changes I should make and candidates I should add/change to the scenario. Any input would be much appreciated. :)

Don't forget Lamar Alexander, Ed Rendell, Russ Feingold, John Kerry, John Ashcroft, and Cecil D. Andrus. I thought that was a good enough scenario already :) , just please remove the line attacking Democrats on Mr.T's bio.

Ok Kerry Edwards I will change that in Mr.T's bio. And will add the candidates you mentioned. I will also add those candidates to the United North America scenario as I intend to add roughly 25 candidates to that as well. :)

check out this poll of voters for who could run in 2008. when primary versioj comes out, could use all these people.

REPUBLICANS

Rudy Giuliani 30.0%

John McCain 17.8%

Jeb Bush 5.4%

Bill Frist 2.4%

George Pataki 2.0%

Mitt Romney 1.4%

Bill Owens 1.1%

DEMOCRATS

Hillary Clinton 27.3%

John Kerry 16.0%

John Edwards 6.7%

Al Gore 3.6%

Howard Dean 3.5%

Evan Bayh 2.5%

Wesley Clark 2.1%

Barack Obama 1.7%

Harold Ford, Jr. 1.2%

Mark Warner 0.6%

Let me just say, we better not nominate hillary. it tells u how far left our party has turned when evan bayh and harold ford jr are getting that low of a percentage.

nonetheless, would be interestign to try this otu when new update is released.

Before christmas i hope.

• 2 weeks later...
I decided to Create a new Scenario! Top Dogs - 2008! It has all the candidates you guys mentioned including a few extras. Congress is tied so there is a nail biter if it goes to the House! I will list the candidates tommorrow! :)

How can Congress be tied?

I decided to Create a new Scenario!  Top Dogs - 2008! It has all the candidates you guys mentioned including a few extras.  Congress is tied so there is a nail biter if it goes to the House!  I will list the candidates tommorrow!  :)

How can Congress be tied?

Never mind, I just remembered its by state delegations (so a 25-25 tie is possible)...

Here is the lsit of candidates for my new 2008 - Top Dogs scenario B)

Democratic

Hillary Clinton

Al Gore

Al Sharpton

Evan Bayh

Howard Dean

John Kerry

John Edwards

Joe Lieberman

Nancy Pelosi

Richard Gephardt

Wesley Clark

Zell Miller

Bill Richardson

Bob Kerrey

Joe Biden

Ted Kennedy

Tom Daschle

Barrack Obama

Jesse Jackson

Jesse Jackson Jr.

Charles Schumer

Bill Bradley

Ed Rendell

Tom Vilsack

Blanche Lincoln

Harold Ford Jr.

Mark Warner

Mary Landrieu

Bill Nelson

Janet Napolitano

Jennifer Granholm

Rod Blagojevich

Russ Feingold

Chris Dodd

Gavin Newsom

Kathleen Sebelius

Republican

Jeb Bush

Rudy Giuliani

John McCain

Bill Frist

Condolezza Rice

Arnold Schwarzenegger

George Pataki

Alan Keyes

Oliver North

Tom Ridge

John Ashcroft

Donald Rumsfeld

Gary Bauer

Elizabeth Dole

Dan Quayle

Trent Lott

Paul Cellucci

Bob Taft

Mitt Romney

Bill Owens

Mark Sanford

Rick Santorum

Chuck Hagel

Sam Brownback

George Allen

Steven Forbes

Green Party

Ralph Nader

David Cobb

Peter Camejo

Independent

Jesse Ventura

whoa! sound like a lot of fun

do you use bmp's or jpegs for the canidates images? techy question, cuz w/ all those canidates, the overfile size must be huge when zipped and emailed

i've always used bmps, i thought you had too. can you use jpegs or gifs?

Hi Johnny,

I have always used bmps because the jpegs, gif and tif pictures do not work. I usually modify all the pictures to bmp format because it is the only type of file that the program recognizes.

PS

me, I didn't realize the Congressional Majority in the Regional_Centers file was national, I always thought it meant the State legislature!

d'oh

don't think it has much impact on most of my scenerios, but it might in my "The Wedge" which seems to go to the House frequently (at least in my inept attempts - I kinda liking making scenerios more than playing them, ya know?). I'm gonna go back and even it up w/ 20 Republican, 20 Democrat and 10 Progressive, just to see what will happen

thanks!

*hopes Anthony will be tolerate yer another file sent from me!*

Hey Hardright, Wikipedia had a loooooooong lis of candidates you could use:

Democrats

B. Evans "Evan" Bayh III, U.S. senator from Indiana and former governor of Indiana

Joseph R. Biden Jr., U.S. senator from Delaware

Rod R. Blagojevich, governor of Illinois

William W. Bradley, former U.S. senator from New Jersey who unsuccessfully contested Al Gore for the Democratic nomination in 2000

Philip N. Bredesen, governor of Tennessee

Wesley K. Clark, retired Army general, former NATO Supreme Allied Commander and 2004 nomination candidate (Arkansas)

J. Maxwell Cleland, former U.S. senator, Georgia

Hillary Rodham Clinton, U.S. senator from New York and former First Lady. She had said she would never run for president [1] (http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2001-04-06-hillary.htm), but she had also stated she would never run for the Senate.

Jon S. Corzine, U.S. senator from New Jersey. Corzine has expressed interest in running for governor of New Jersey in 2005.

Howard B. Dean III, former governor of Vermont and 2004 nomination candidate

Christopher J. Dodd, U.S. senator from Connecticut

James E. Doyle, governor of Wisconsin

Richard J. Durbin, U.S. senator from Illinois, has said he would never run for president.

Michael F. Easley, governor of North Carolina

John R. Edwards, 2004 vice presidential nominee, 2004 nomination candidate and outgoing U.S. senator from North Carolina (1999-2005)

Russell D. Feingold, U.S. senator from Wisconsin

Harold Ford Jr., U.S. representative from Tennessee

Albert A. Gore Jr., former vice president and 2000 Presidential nominee, (Tennessee)

Gary W. Hart, former U.S. senator from Colorado and candidate for the 1984 and 1988 nominations; considered a run for the 2004 nomination.

James B. Hunt Jr., former governor of North Carolina

Marcia C. Kaptur, U.S. representative from Ohio; briefly considered a run in 2004.

J. Robert Kerrey, former governor of Nebraska and former U.S. senator from Nebraska

John F. Kerry, 2004 Presidential nominee and U.S. senator from Massachusetts

Dennis J. Kucinich, U.S. representative from Ohio and 2004 nomination candidate

Mary L. Landrieu, U.S. senator from Louisiana

Blanche L. Lincoln, U.S. senator from Arkansas

Janet Napolitano, governor of Arizona

Barack Obama, U.S. senator-elect from Illinois. Has said he will not run in 2008. [2] (http://politicalwire.com/archives/2004/11/04/obama_will_not_run_in_2008.html)

Nancy Pelosi, House Minority Leader and U.S. Representative, California

Harry M. Reid, Senate minority leader and U.S. senator from Nevada

Edward G. Rendell, governor of Pennsylvania

William B. Richardson, governor of New Mexico

John D. "Jay" Rockefeller IV, U.S. senator from West Virginia

Charles E. Schumer, U.S. senator from New York and chairman of the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee

Kathleen Sebelius, governor of Kansas

Jeanne Shaheen, former governor of New Hampshire

Alfred C. Sharpton Jr., Pentecostal minister, activist and 2004 nomination candidate (New York)

Thomas J. Vilsack, governor of Iowa

Mark R. Warner, governor of Virginia (term limited, he will leave that office in 2006)

[edit]

Republicans

Lamar A. Alexander, U.S. senator from Tennessee and former governor of Tennessee, former U.S. secretary of education and 1996 and 2000 nomination candidate

George F. Allen, U.S. senator from Virginia

John D. Ashcroft, former U.S. attorney general and former governor and U.S. senator from Missouri

Haley Barbour, governor of Mississippi

Samuel D. Brownback, U.S. senator from Kansas

John E. "Jeb" Bush, governor of Florida (term limited, he will leave that office in 2007) and brother of President George W. Bush. Has said he will not seek the nomination [3] (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=173616&CMP=OTC-RSSFeeds0312)

Richard B. Cheney, vice president, former White House Chief of Staff, secretary of defense and U.S. representative from Wyoming. Has said he will not seek the nomination.

Elizabeth H. Dole, U.S. senator from North Carolina, former U.S. secretary of labor and secretary of transportation and 2000 nomination candidate; wife of 1996 Republican nominee Robert J. Dole; chairwoman of the National Republican Senatorial Committee.

Robert L. Ehrlich, governor of Maryland

Ernest L. Fletcher, governor of Kentucky

Malcolm S. "Steve" Forbes Jr., businessman (publishing), candidate for nominations in 1996 and 2000 (New Jersey), son of publishing tycoon Malcolm Forbes

Tommy R. Franks, retired Army general (Texas); commander of U.S. forces in the Middle East until July 2003

William H. Frist, Senate majority leader and U.S. senator from Tennessee (not seeking re-election to the Senate in 2006); in recent weeks, represenatives of the Christian right have threatened that if Frist allows Arlen Specter to take over the chairmanship of the Senate Judiciary Committee, then they will oppose any presidential bid by Frist

Alberto R. Gonzales, nominated to succeed to John Ashcroft as U.S. attorney general

Rudolph W. L. Giuliani III, former mayor of New York

Kenny C. Guinn, governor of Nevada (term limited, he will leave that office in 2007)

Lindsey O. Graham, U.S. senator from South Carolina

Charles T. Hagel, U.S. senator from Nebraska

Orrin G. Hatch, U.S. senator from Utah

Mike Huckabee, governor of Arkansas (term limited, he will leave that office in 2007)

Kay Bailey Hutchison, U.S. senator from Texas

Alan L. Keyes, former ambassador to a United Nations agency; three-time candidate for the United States Senate; two-time candidate for the Republican nomination for president; radio talk-show host

Jon L. Kyl, U.S. senator from Arizona

John S. McCain III, U.S. senator from Arizona and 2000 nomination candidate

William F. Owens, governor of Colorado (term limited, he will leave that office in 2007)

George E. Pataki, governor of New York

Ronald E. Paul, U.S. representative from Texas

Timothy Pawlenty, governor of Minnesota

J. Richard Perry, governor of Texas

Colin L. Powell, U.S. Secretary of State (2001-2005), retired U.S. Army general and former National Security Advisor and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. He has said he will never run for president. (New York)

J. Danforth Quayle III, former vice president and 2000 nomination candidate and former U.S. senator and representative from Indiana

Condoleezza Rice, U.S. secretary of state-designate, national security advisor (2001-2005) (California)

Thomas J. Ridge, U.S. secretary of homeland security and former governor of Pennsylvania

W. Mitt Romney, governor of Massachusetts. Has said he will not run for president.

Mark C. Sanford, governor of South Carolina

Richard J. Santorum, U.S. senator from Pennsylvania

Gordon H. Smith, U.S. senator from Oregon

Thomas G. Tancredo, U.S. Representative, Colorado

Tommy G. Thompson, U.S. secretary of health and human services and former governor of Wisconsin

George V. Voinovich, U.S. senator from Ohio and former governor

J.C. Watts, former U.S. representative from Oklahoma

[edit]

Greens

Peter Camejo, businessman and Ralph Nader's 2004 Vice-Presidential nominee

David Cobb, lawyer, activist and 2004 Presidential nominee

Matt Gonzalez, former president of the San Francisco Board of Supervisors

Winona LaDuke, activist and nominee for 1996 and 2000 Vice-Presidential nominee

Pat LaMarche, activist and 2004 Vice-Presidential nominee

Cynthia McKinney, Democratic U.S. representative-elect (returns to Congress in 2005), Georgia [4] (http://www.green-rainbow.org/pipermail/needtoknow/2004-January/001644.html)

[edit]

Libertarians

Michael Badnarik, 2004 presidential nominee

Michael Cloud, speechwriter

Michael Colley, retired Navy Admiral

James Gray, judge

Carla Howell, management consultant

Gary Nolan, radio host

Ronald E. Paul, Republican U.S. representative, Texas and 1988 Libertarian presidential nominee

Aaron Russo, entertainment businessman

L. Neil Smith, science fiction writer

Ed Thompson, former Mayor of Tomah, Wisconsin

[edit]

Other parties and independents

Patrick J. Buchanan, America First, 2000 Presidential candidate on the Reform Party ticket

Roy Moore, Constitution Party, former Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Alabama

Ralph Nader, 1996, 2000 and 2004 Presidential candidate

Jesse Ventura, former Governor of Minnesota

Alfred E. Neuman, MAD magazine mascot (often upheld by said magazine as a "candidate")

Tom Brokaw soon to retire as NBC anchorman.