270soft Forum

Editing Scenario Files

Note: If you want to modify scenario files, make a copy of the folder first, and then edit the copied folder's files. Scenarios with default names (United States - 2008, for example) can be overwritten by upgrades, and although files are backed up by the program before they are replaced, this could cause a hassle.

The 80soft Team

I'd really like to see Gore added to 2008.

Will you be making updates to the scenarios similar to what you did with the most recent PMF Canada version? It already seems that your 2008 scenario is out of date... Warner's announced that he's not running, for instance.

Hi FrenchFisher,

Yes, we will be updating the 2008 scenario as things change in the real world.

Will you be making updates to the scenarios similar to what you did with the most recent PMF Canada version? It already seems that your 2008 scenario is out of date... Warner's announced that he's not running, for instance.

When I created myself in the 2008 scenario, I thought i did everything right until when I go to play it comes up with the error Access violation at address 00565159 in module 'p4e.exe'. Read of address 00000010

Please help!

P.S. I think the game is great! Good job 80soft :D

When I created myself in the 2008 scenario, I thought i did everything right until when I go to play it comes up with the error Access violation at address 00565159 in module 'p4e.exe'. Read of address 00000010

Please help!

P.S. I think the game is great! Good job 80soft :D

I managed in the end by completely replacing an existing candidate.

Open up the Parties XML file in Notepad (using Right click -> "Open With")

Change the names, attributes, issue centers, image name etc

Open each other XML file, search for anything you've changed in Parties.xml and change it to the new info. You can use replace (Ctrl-H) to do that quickly.

I have to say this XML format looks like it is a huge improvement.

I am trying to create a new scenario. One of the issues is in regard to the candidate pictures. I get an "Invalid Picure size" error. What is the correct picture size? The ones I am trying to use appear to be the same size as the standard ones (74x86)

When I inserted myself in the game it left out three other candidates Rudy Guiliani, Mitt Romney and George Allen. I did everything correctly. Where did I go wrong?

When I inserted myself in the game it left out three other candidates Rudy Guiliani, Mitt Romney and George Allen. I did everything correctly. Where did I go wrong?

Did you maybe forget the </leader> command at the end of the profile for yourself? If you did, it might have confused the rest of the leader data for part of your own profile.

What you need to do is this.

1/ Right-click on a file (parties.xml) and click "open with". Select Notepad.

2/ Make your changes, save and close notepad

3/ Now double click on the parties.xml file. It should open in Internet Explorer

4/ Go to the end of the file in IE and check the message

IF the file stops before the end then you know there is a problem somewhere in the file. The comments may tell you which line of the notepad file to look in. Often it's caused by not opening extra or not closing 'brackets'. Eg <leaders>, </leaders> or <party>, </party> etc. For every <x> there must be an </x>

5/ Open the file in notepad again and correct the mistake. If necessary open a second notepad file with the original (unchanged) parties.xml and compare them.

6/ Repeat until the xml file shows correctly in IE. The game should run.