270soft Forum

non-candidate editor way to edit candidates?

Is there a quick way or a tutorial of sorts anyone could give to adding or editing candidates, or even parties for the new P4E Primaries.

I'm really pleased with the game, and I really want to do some things like add Feingold, Dodd, Bloomberg as an (I), Jim Gilchrist as the Constitution nominee, and so on. I've attempted this but don't quite think I have it right.

I know there's a editor coming out, but I wanted to see if there are some instructions for those of us not too timid to jump in and edit files. Thanks,

Is there a quick way or a tutorial of sorts anyone could give to adding or editing candidates, or even parties for the new P4E Primaries.

I'm really pleased with the game, and I really want to do some things like add Feingold, Dodd, Bloomberg as an (I), Jim Gilchrist as the Constitution nominee, and so on. I've attempted this but don't quite think I have it right.

I know there's a editor coming out, but I wanted to see if there are some instructions for those of us not too timid to jump in and edit files. Thanks,

Take a look at the parties.xml files in the scenario folder. It looks pretty easy to edit. Just copy one of the candidates, and modify.

Take a look at the parties.xml files in the scenario folder. It looks pretty easy to edit. Just copy one of the candidates, and modify.

Has this worked for you? I tried to do this - just copy Clark and replace him w/ Feingold's information, and I just got errors. Does something need to be modified in the percentages file?