270soft Forum

P4EP Bug

Taft

Don't know if it's a bug,but I'll still post it here.

In my game with Warner I had about 1300 delegates after i had picked Edwards as Vp,and Hillary had about a hundred less.I had 100 relationship with Biden,Clark and Kerry, and they all had 1 relationship with Hillary.Still, at the convention, they gave her their delegates...

This game definitely gets unbalanced results and high voter turnout. On my first attempt as John McCain (on medium difficulty) I defeated Edwards with ALL 538 electoral votes and 67% of the popular vote (right after the convention I ran a 6 Attack radio ad nationwide and that got everystate in my corner except Arizona! which didn't come over till later). Even more startling, despite the fact that the election had been over since just after the conventions, there is still a record turnout. With 120.8 M votes, I was less than 2M votes away the 2004 TOTAL, and Edwards, despite only getting a measly 33% of the vote, still had more votes than John Kerry did in 2004, making him the 3rd highest vote getter ever.

Landslide.JPG

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More bugs.. (This is the official place to report bugs isn't it?)

1. Unable to do a game with just the Democratic and Constitution party with primaries off, I get an access violation message. Same thing happens if its just the Democratic and Libertarian Party or Libertarian and Constitution Party

2. WarnerBug.jpg

(right after the convention I ran a 6 Attack radio ad nationwide and that got everystate in my corner except Arizona! which didn't come over till later).

at this point, ads are definatly too powerful in the game.

Amazing election yesterday...after winning the primaries as Dean, I ran an hopeless campaing, as I was losing most of the states since the beginning. Even if I managed to get about 200 EV, I

lost DC 20-80

lost Texas 20-80

lost Vermont(AS DEAN!) 20-80

lost Hawaii 20-80

lost Virginia 10-90 (Warner VP!)

lost South Carolina 10-90

lost New York 65-35

lost New Hampshire 80-20

lost IDAHO 48-52

won Florida 75-25

won Arizona 75-25

got 40% in Alaska without even campaigning there

won Massachussets 52-48 after it was a tossup for the whole time

No scandals, no attack ad, no huge negative momentum...

I got the following error message when I tried to save the game. I also got other out of bound error messages after winning the nomination.

"Access violation at address 00518550 in module \p4e.exe Read of address 00000015"

I also find that I cannot click on the insight lightbulb for any speech topic - it says click on topic, when I do that it doesnt help.

Also can you tell me how to paste screenshots into the text boxes as it will help with other bug reports. Thanks

I also find that I cannot click on the insight lightbulb for any speech topic - it says click on topic, when I do that it doesnt help.

I have this problem but it only happens if I have two consecutive issues, both with insights. For example, gun control and health care, where they are one after the other on the list. Then I click on the light bulb that is below another one, and it won't let me. It will allow me to choose the one on top but not the one below.

Saw this comment in another part of the forum and wanted to paste it here in the bug section.

1) Unable to spin news during the primaries.

2) Candidates who know they cannot win (for example when my candidate has received a majority of the delegates by May) continue to run ads and do not drop out. This is unrealistic.

3) Does not seem to be much bounce or momentum from winning early primaries. This is unrealistic as in real life the first 3-4 primaries are crucial and by then several candidates drop out.

Other than these few comments the primaries is a great addition. However the general election part is not as good as the original P4E - nothing a bit of tweaking cannot solve.

Like the update. However, a suggestion: Rather than have to press the space bar every time an unopposed candidate wins a state, can you pretty much not mention it until the actual primaries end for the party?

For example, Peroutka in 2008. I constantly hear "ZOMG PEROUTUKA WINS (INSERT STATE NAME)" and have to space bar through all 50 states until it gets to "ZOMG PEROUTKA WINS!!!!!!!!" when he ran unopposed anyway. This also apply's to Bush in 2004 if you don't turn Powell on.

Edit: Also, in 2004, I noticed Constitution still doing well in Alabama after primaries.

Edit II: And still an error when you start as Peroutka in 2008 in the primaries.

Edit III: Commit doesn't work anymore in "Predictions". At least, it doesn't work in primaries.

Edit IV: Nitpick, but shouldn't it be that, if you take off primaries in 2004, that Kerry should have Edwards as the first VP choice rather than having to cycle through?

Edit V: 2008 election, Massachusetts, second part of Endorsers, the "name" backed Bush in 2004, apparently.

Bug I noticed in latest update.

I was playing in the primaries as Hillary Clinton. I had noticed a bug happening when trying to endorse people so then it happened again and I took screenshots. I had tried to get Kerry to withdraw and endorse me, he did withdraw but endorsed Edwards, then the PiP's I had offered were subtracted from my remaining ones even though he didn't endorse me.

endorsement.jpg

endorsement2.jpg

endorsement3.jpg

I've tryed to install the new updates for President Forever + Primaries, but each time it just freezes. Please help! P.S. And how do you put images up on to the forum?

Hi Conrad,

To help us figure out what's happening for your system, can you tell us:

1. Where exactly it freezes? What is the last button you have pushed?

2. What it looks like? Is there are new blank window, does it stay in the same window, or something else?

The 80soft Team

I've tryed to install the new updates for President Forever + Primaries, but each time it just freezes. Please help! P.S. And how do you put images up on to the forum?

I have a couple of bugs - one minor and one major.

Minor one - when I want to load a saved game, no files are visible in the saved game folder. If I type the first letter of a saved game it appears in the drop down file name box and I can then select it. Can you make the saved games appear in the folder as normal?

Major one - I got this error message ;

---------------------------

President Forever + Primaries - Version 1.00.3

List index out of bounds (-1)

OK

I was upto Feb 18th and had pressed "done turn", it was processing for a very long time so I click one of the on screen buttons and got this message. I can click OK and go back to the main screen. If I click a different option like on a state or go into "recap" and come back out I get a different out of bounds number - "17". If I continue clicking other options the number advances to 18.

I did not have this problem with the game falling over in version 2. Version 3 is more playable but maybe a more serious bug has been introduced?

Hope this helps.

In response to softi80, it seems to freeze if you're running other programs at the time, and if you leave it it comes up with what it's downloading and then the screen goes white.

Hi Conrad,

Thanks for the feedback.

1. How long do you leave it running while the screen is white?

2. What kind of Internet connection do you have (dial-up, cable, and so on)?

The 80soft Team

In response to softi80, it seems to freeze if you're running other programs at the time, and if you leave it it comes up with what it's downloading and then the screen goes white.

I get the following error message when I saved a game. I repeated the situation in a freshly loaded application and it was repeated ;

Access violation at address 00521AD7 in module p4e.exe. Read of address 0000000C

When I click OK it goes back to the blue dialogue of saving game and stays there doing nothing.

I am using version 1.00.3

Hi Conrad,

Thanks for the feedback.

1. How long do you leave it running while the screen is white?

2. What kind of Internet connection do you have (dial-up, cable, and so on)?

The 80soft Team

I leave it running for about 3 to 5 mins it comes up with what's downloading and then if you click anything in the box it comes up with it not responding. I have cable broadband.

Hi,

I'm getting pretty much all the errors mentioned here. I get the access violations everytime I try to save the game. I can't get past 36 weeks left. The screen isn't white. It just says saving the game and infinitely loops and I have the highest broadband speed that comcast offers as the speed I use. It seems to be a programming bug of some sort. I get the out of bounds list index errors and the access violation error mentioned in the latest post. I can't get past 36 weeks to go no matter how many different permutations I try.

Okay, two things - a bug and a minor nitpick.

1)When playing as any candidate during the general election, if I try to make an offer to get another candidate to drop out and endorse me, or just to drop out, I get 'Access violation at address 0040FB47 in module 'p4e.exe'. Read of address 00000008'

2) I played as Peroutka, and gave him a lot more money to try to see if I could win. Even though he was in third place, he only showed up briefly as each state began calling, then disappeared and was replaced by Nader and Badnarik on the Election Night screen. Shouldn't they go in order of votes?

Various bugs encountered with 1.00.5:

1) Received received List Index out of bounds (#) when switching between Republican and Democrats on main screen (I created a new game and I could not replicate this issue. The previous save game was created with 1.00.3. Is this suppose to be compatible with saves from previous patches?)

2) Research - <Pick a topic> - received List Index out of bounds (#)

3) Tried to load a game after receive above error and received the follow error (which kept reappearing everytime I selected ok, had to kill the process):

error in Research::findBreakthroughBeingResearched

4) On Offering screen, after scrolling down to bottom of list I could not scroll back up to Giuliani. The list stopped at Romney even though the up arrow was still visible.

5) Two times so far I have received a Floating point overflow after clicking the Done Turn button. Processing turn stays displayed but the turn never advances and you can click buttons, etc. as if nothing happened. Done Turn will continue to produce the same error though and you can't save your game at this point. Both times this happened I had just made an offer to some to endorse me. Not sure if that's related since it doesn't happen every time I ask for an endorsement.

Receiving "Access Violation at address 00521E73 in module 'p4e.exe. Read of address 0000000C." whenever I try to save my game. Was able to start a new game and save it but it looks like my old game is toast. If I advance turns in my old game I can usually play 2-3 turns before I receive an out of bounds error or similar.

I bought the game last night and had no issues with the version I downloaded 1.00.3. I upgraded to 1.00.5 tonight and have had nothing but issues. I'll try again tomorrow and see how it goes.

Hi Orsalak,

Thank you for the feedback. The changes made to v. 1.00.5 to fix a List Index Out of Bounds bug made it so that it wouldn't load v. 1.00.3 save games without there being problems.

If you have any further problems with 1.00.5 while playing new games or games started and then saved just in 1.00.5, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

Receive a list index out of bounds error if I start a game, save it, then load the game and try to switch between democrats and republicans on main screen.

Started a new game played a round where I increased debate and issue fam. Viewed player and debate progress bar did not display. Saved game, loaded it and bar appeared.

Hope this feedback helps. I'll report more issues as I find them.

Archived