270soft Forum

Presidential Primary Scenarios

As all of you are aware, President Forever + Primaries will be out on October 16, and it will include the primaries and then you follow to the general election. Does anyone have any ideas for primary scenarios; of course the interesting ones like 1976 GOP and Democratic, 1968 GOP and Democratic ect.... If it's easy to create scenarios with the new system, i'll create some real and alternative history primarys. P.S. I'll put a compition up seeing wheather anyone can get former Alaska Senator Mike Gravel as the 2008 Democratic nominee!

One from kind of way back that might be interesting would be a 1936 Democratic battle between Huey Long and FDR, but I'm not all that sure how many states had primaries then, and how much of that scenario wouldn't be a fight for superdelegates. Has anyone thought about the 1972 Democratic primaries?

A lot of externals happening there, with the Canuck letter w/ Muskie and other nefarious dirty tricks perpetrated by Nixon.

I've often thought that a 2012 or 2016 would be interesting. You'd have to do a lot of research and you might even include people who are rising stars as state congressmen! Obviously you'd have to make some assumptions about future events.
Maybe 2016 could have Maddox running for President on the Regressive Party ticket. :P

"1,658,734 people will vote for me not realizing that I can't run for president until 2016."

What about the 1988 primaries also? Democrats had Jesse Jackson (who won SC I believe), Gephardt, Gore, Dukakis, Joe Biden, Gary Hart, Paul Simon and probably a couple of others. GOP had Bush as a frontrunner, along with Jack Kemp, Pat "2000 lb. leg press" Robertson, Don Rumsfeld, Bob Dole, Pete DuPont, and Al "I'm in charge!" Haig.

Good God!
Let's not forget the time I saw David Duke get 4% nationally.

Prehaps 80soft can include charactor traits (That could be editable and scenario-specific) in a later version like flaws and qualities which has been suggested before.