270soft Forum

Computer players always fundraise for $0?

Hoping someone can help me out with this... I have created a relatively low-dollar scenario for a school board election, starting cash is about $20k per player and the money coefficient is 1 and a fundraising coefficent of 4.

Human players usually get $750 or $1000 per attempt, but computer fundraisers consistently raise $0 each and every time.

Any ideas?

Also, how is the cost of an ad calculated? Electoral votes? Population? None of the above? The ad cost in my scenario seems disproportinately low. (example: $2500 production budget but $363 to run the ad in every area?)

Thanks in advance for helping a newbie :)

-Andrew

I have actually ran into the same problem with school board elections I have created. The way I solved it was to incraese the populations of the respective ridings. It will not be 100% accurate but at least it will work. Make the populations roughly 10,000 per region/riding.

I hope this helps. :)

My ridings are actually even higher than that, they are from 50k to 150k. I am assuming going lower wouldn't help at all.

Do you have a school board election up somewhere that I could take a look at?

Thanks!

-Andrew

I have actually ran into the same problem with school board elections I have created. The way I solved it was to incraese the populations of the respective ridings. It will not be 100% accurate but at least it will work. Make the populations roughly 10,000 per region/riding.

I hope this helps. :)