270soft Forum

Close Elections

Guest Christian
I made the same mistake in the begining... thought their logo looked cool. ;)

I does, as does the party name sound cool.

Britain like America is crying out for a decent new political party.

Why? You guys got tons of different parties to choose from, (unlike the US which just has has 2 parties that ever make the general election, and sometimes 3 if the independents are lucky.). I would think you would have at least 1 decent party to vote for.

Guest Christian
Why? You guys got tons of different parties to choose from, (unlike the US which just has has 2 parties that ever make the general election, and sometimes 3 if the independents are lucky.). I would think you would have at least 1 decent party to vote for.

Oh we do, the Labour Party. :D

But those Tories are a pretty lousy oppostion *ignores 7 point Tory lead in the lastest poll* and so we are crying out for more.

btw alot of those parties are made up:

1. Of natonalist parties: SNP, Plaid, N.I parties

2. One issue parties: Galloway and respect (self explanitory), UKIP - the EU, BNP - immigration. etc

The lib dems count as a third party, and have substantial parliamentary representation, however they lack the gravitas to achieve major electioral succes IMO.

People don't trust politicians, far too many scandals that make some of the things you Americans get up to trivial, an unelected chamber, a fastiduous press (obviously) and not much interest in politics extending outside of the first two pages of whatever tabloid you happen to pick up.

Guest Christian

Oh we do, the Labour Party. :D

But those Tories are a pretty lousy oppostion *ignores 7 point Tory lead in the lastest poll* and so we are crying out for more.

btw alot of those parties are made up:

1. Of natonalist parties: SNP, Plaid, N.I parties

2. One issue parties: Galloway and respect (self explanitory), UKIP - the EU, BNP - immigration. etc

The lib dems count as a third party, and have substantial parliamentary representation, however they lack the gravitas to achieve major electioral succes IMO.

People don't trust politicians, far too many scandals that make some of the things you Americans get up to trivial, an unelected chamber, a fastiduous press (obviously) and not much interest in politics extending outside of the first two pages of whatever tabloid you happen to pick up.

DP

• 1 month later...
Not really. That scenario has a huge number of undecideds, and everybody has so much money, so I get results like that all the time.

I disagree - I think the result is amazing. In my experience, when the Indies do that well it tends to be at the expence of the Dems and when the Dems do that badly it usually benefits the Reps. This result is surprisingly good for the Dems under the circumstances. I usually don't bother playing the Liberts but if this is the sought of thing that can happen, maybe i should try them. But if they can't win a single seat, maybe it's not worth it.