270soft Forum

Status of the next President Forever update

if they were smart the should have focused on getting the update done by election day when interest was at it's peak

and yes american interest will take a nose dive now that the election season is over but if u just look at this board majority of the participants are americans and by focusing more on foriegn versions they hurt there core audience

i'm not saying they shouldn't have made a canadian version but i feel the australian version and this future uk version could have waited

and trust me the american market will never be "tapped and plundered" because even with elections over there are still plenty of political junkies out there whom are willing to pay 12 bucks

and as for the time of the new update i'm still going to say they will be smart enough to get it out before christmas

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you're at a resturant and its taking way to long for the food tocome d you say, "well, atl east they are making sure the food is good, and the best it can be." NO, you say, "Where the fuck is the food?"

I'm not saying he hasn't done a lot, but it was originally suposed to come outi n August, it's now almost December. And in the meantime more games have been added. If he had focused 100% on the update, I think it would have been here by now. And if it's only being held up by errors, and bugs i think we should know that.

When you're at a resturant and its taking way to long for the food tocome d you say, "well, atl east they are making sure the food is good, and the best it can be." NO, you say, "Where the fuck is the food?"

In a restaurant you can only wait. Now don't tell me you've just been waiting in the couple of months and haven't slept, eaten or done anything but staring at this website.

Besides, waiting for food, one of the basic human needs, cannot be compared to waiting for a computer game.

I think my analogy was understood to focus on the annoyance of having to wait way longer than previously expected, esspeically when it appears to be delayed due to other projects.

I am a patient person, but this is getting ridiculous. In business if you declare a date a game is to come out, and then constantly push it back, or miss deadlines it will hurt you. And all I asked was what is the hold up? Is it that there are problems that cannot be solved? or is it that it has been put asside to get the new versions out.

I'm not trying to insult Tony or Hotpot. I'm just trying to outline for y'all why, economically, working on or releasing an update is a bad move and why, consequently, I doubt we'll ever see it.

Hardrightconservative, you of all people, I would think, would understand that no business is going to act out of sheer compassion for a bunch of Internet cheapskates like us.

Money, as the saying goes, is where the rubber hits the road in America, and there's just not as much money in releasing an update as there is in producing new foreign games. The only way it could be brought into the realm of feasibility is by charging all of us another $20 or $30 for the update, and even then I have some serious questions as to whether that would be more profitable than PM Russian Duma.

Hardrightconservative, I mean to insult no one. In fact, I am not angry at all. I am not one of those standing in the wings, like Jospiv, yellling, "Where the blank is my food?" I accounted for the likelihood of this going in. When I ponied up my $12, I took into account the likely reality that, as it is with most small software companies, promised updates never come. I judged the game by itself to be woth the $12, regardless. And so, I have nothing to be angry about (though I would love the update!).

Give the guy a damn break. Some of you seriously act like P4E is the only thing of significant importance involved in the daily intake of your lives... If so, I pity you.

I'm sure Tony is going to blow us away with the next instalment- so in the meantime, lay off Tony and the product.

If anything, we all should be encouraging him to create the most immaculate version of P4E that we have yet to witness.

If you don't want to wait for your meal, then leave. You have such a luxury that Tony can not share.

Well said Keyes!

(Thread unlocked temporarily to allow a reply.)

Hi guys,

I just want to address some fears on the board about the update.

The President Forever update is currently our number one priority. Work is progressing well on it.

As stated on this board before (and for reasons again exemplified by the comments here) we aren't giving a target date - because people then expect it to be done by that time. We probably won't give a target date right up until the end. 80soft is new to this, and we've learnt - the hard way - what things you can give target dates for and what things you can't.

Hope this clears up some of the issues on this,

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com