270soft Forum

Multi-Player Game

Anyone be interested in giving a multi-player game a go?

It could be fun if enohgh peopl ewere interested to run the major 4 or 5 parties.

I'd like to try running it, neutrally of course ( no party control ). 4 or 5 of you would control the major [parties. I'd create a game file and post it somewhere (geocities, or pass it by msn, yahoomessenger...figure that out after)

You'd email me your party instructions every day ( or 2 days, whatever we agree upon) and I'd just send an updated file to all users whenever it was simulated.

Would anyone be interested in giving that a shot? Let me know. If 4 or 5 post in this thread, then we can get a game going.

I could go for something like that. It depends on the scenario being played.

Would it make a degree of sense for time expediency circumstances to simply have each player submit 1 weeks worth of turn instructions to you once every 24/48 hours? Because if it's one turn per day, it'd take nearly 40 days to finish a campaign. O.O And that'd be entirely too long.

I could go for something like that. It depends on the scenario being played.

Would it make a degree of sense for time expediency circumstances to simply have each player submit 1 weeks worth of turn instructions to you once every 24/48 hours? Because if it's one turn per day, it'd take nearly 40 days to finish a campaign. O.O And that'd be entirely too long.

I had put suggestions, but obviously we would do whatever we decided to do as a group. As short or long as we want.

Only problem with a week at a time is not being able to react to news very well at all.

As for scenario, it'd probably be most interesting to play the Canada 2006 scenario ( Jan 2nd update maybe, so a day by day campaign ( 2 - 3 days at a time ) would take a few weeks.

What about starting the basic game with all the parties run by a 'human' (not computer) and each person plays in turn and when you finish you email your saved game to the next player? It sounds much simpler.

How would I integrate 4 or 5 different saved games being sent to me into a single one?

I am. It's a poker habit I guess. Evaluate personality based on behaviour, find tendencies, define habits. If four guys are going to put countless hours in this, I would think they want an "election commissioner" who is reliable and has the habit of finishing well what he starts... or frustration of the abandon project (and a feeling that time was wasted) will be innevitable. :)

Good luck!

I am. It's a poker habit I guess. Evaluate personality based on behaviour, find tendencies, define habits. If four guys are going to put countless hours in this, I would think they want an "election commissioner" who is reliable and has the habit of finishing well what he starts... or frustration of the abandon project (and a feeling that time was wasted) will be innevitable. :)

Good luck!

To be honest, I started therse threads to gauge interest. You were the only one interested in my Broadbent and Layton scenarios. So, the save game is waiting. I've played it a few games, with very different results, for my own profound enjoyment. Had no idea you were waiting on it :huh:

The multi-player got little response, but not enough to play a game, so this thread will likely cool off as well, and sink into the abyss of unanswered threads. :(

How would I integrate 4 or 5 different saved games being sent to me into a single one?

Basically, what would happen, is the first player in the turn order of the scenario does his thing, sorts out what he wants to do, then clicks the "end turn" button. He would then save the file, and then send it to the next person in order, and they would repeat the process.

For example, if the we're playing the 1993 scenario, then the Liberal player take his turn, save the file, and then send the file to the PC player. PC player goes, saves file, and sends it to the NDP player.

Now, I'm not sure which way would be better. That way or the we send the "game master" our moves for an entire week or what ever.

If you do your thing and click next turn... that turn is over - gone! - and the other 3 or 4 players will not have done anything during that turn. Then in turn two, player two will do his thing having done nothing in turn one since in the file he receives, player one has already clicked next turn. Therefore player two used zero CP in turn one, three, four, and five... and only used CP in turn two and six, etc.