270soft Forum

Favourite Australian PM

If I can vote for an American President, you can vote on our PMs, if you've heard of any of them.  

15 members have voted

1. 1. If I can vote for an American President, you can vote on our PMs, if you've heard of any of them.

• Alfred Deakin
    • John Curtin
    • Sir Robert Gordon Menzies
    • Edward Gough Whitlam
    • Malcolm Fraser
    • Bob Hawke
    • Paul Keating
    • John Howard

i doubt there are many austrialians on this site and i think we all just voted for anybody and i doubt any non-austrialian here knows any of these guys (i don't)

But Curtin as a speaker is right up there with John Kennedy and Winston Churchill....

"Without any inhibitions of any kind, I make it quite clear that Australia looks to America, free of any pangs as to our traditional links or kinship with the United Kingdom.

We know the problems that the United Kingdom faces. We know the constant threat of invasion. We know the dangers of dispersal of strength. But we know too that Australia can go and Britain can still hold on.

We are therefore determined that Australia shall not go and we shall exert all out energies toward the shaping of a plan. With the United States as its keystone."