270soft Forum

Problems with PM4E: Canada 2006

BastienL

I noticed that many of the ridings don't have the new names. I haven't really looked too far beyond BC, but, for instance...

The game still has:

- Dewdney-Alouette which is called Pitt Meadows-Maple Ridge-Mission now

- Southern Interior which is called British Columbia Southern Interior now

- Kamloops-Thompson which is called Kamloops-Thompson-Cariboo now

- Kelowna which is now called Kelowna-Lake Country now

Matter of fact, I don't think any of the new riding names in BC are there.

I played a runthrough of the game today and was amazed by how much work needs to be done...

1) Many of the candidates aren't even the ones who are running, i.e. Desmond McGrath is listed as the NDP candidate for Random-Burin-St. Georges, Rebecca Blaikie is listed as the NDP candidate for LaSalle-Emard, Thierry Larrivee was listed as the Bloc candidate for LaSalle-Emard. It would have made sense to put "Unknown" in ridings where the candidate hadn't been nominated yet, but why leave a name of a person that isn't running?

2) I played as the Bloc and watched as, within 3 weeks, the NDP rose to 80 seats.

3)Without any effort at all, the Bloc rose to 69 seats within 2 weeks and ended the election with 67 seats.

4) The ridings in BC have already been mentioned.

I hope these issues will be looked after.

Playing with the Bloc, and I can't influence the "Fédérations des travailleurs du Québec" (FTQ), because it says that his endorsers is a regional one for North-Central Québec and I'm not a regional party from this region...

No party is a regional party for this region. the FTQ should be considered a regional endorser for Québec, nor a region of Québec.

And the Bloc should definitly be able to influence it.

Hi cycloneprime,

Thank you for reporting this - the BQ should be able to influence the FTQ, and this will be changed.

Hi BastienL,

Yes, the update will include changes to the other scenarios as well.

1) It was a toss-up whether to simply include the old name until a new one was known or replace it with 'Unknown'. All the unknowns in the update will be called 'Unknown'. Names weren't replaced originally because it was quite early in the nomination process.

2) "I played as the Bloc and watched as, within 3 weeks, the NDP rose to 80 seats." What difficulty level were you playing on, were you actively campaigning against the Liberals, what was the NDP's percentage of the vote, and did they maintain that level?

3) It should be noted that, even if you as a player do nothing, your footsoldiers and local campaigns are all still active. Setting the Bloc's goal as 68 was done because there is such a sharp 'cliff' after that - 69 isn't too far away, but the 70th seat requires a large shift in percentages.

Thanks for the feedback!

Anthony Burgoyne

80soft.com

• 2 weeks later...
keeping my game with the Bloc

Two things:

1) As in the others PM Forver, the Bloc's crusaders campaign outside Québec... quite useless

2) I just got, for no apparent reason, a "List index out of bounds (12)" error

I keep getting the list index out of bounds (12) error as well, it happened during the processing turn message. Is there a fix for this?