270soft Forum

help with a map?

this is my first scenario and i was just kind of tinkering around but i cant figure out how to make a map, is ther anywhere with tips on making one or can someone help me out here? htnx for ur response

wel i was looking to go with a High school theme, so i was really looking for something basic, i would like to make it myself but i dont really kno how to get it to that blue color. So the style i wanna go with would be maybe 10 boxes, and within each i will put a social group. IE: Athletics, Teachers, Drama Club, Cheerleaders, Skateboarders/punks

I was thinking the same thing, about making one for my college. It would be rather funny on PM Forever. HS would prob be the best because everything is so clique driven. I can imagine endorsements from the chess club or whatever. Elementary student council could be great too. Have Bush and Kerry run, with Bush promising more recess and home work cuts while Kerry promises to change the dress code.

So i figured out just about everything except how to make the notepad file for regions match up with my map i created, i cannot figure out the grid, could anyone give some advice on how i could get them in sync

Here's how it works. The map is 501 x 381 pixels. There is a line in region_variables that says:

// mapPos 0,1 x 5 - 'none' for no position

Under it, you put the two numbers that will indicate where the region is (usually the center of the region from the map). So, if the center of your region is at pixel position 185 x 85, you would have:

// mapPos 0,1 x 5 - 'none' for no position

none

none

none

none

none

none

none

none

// abbrevPositionGeographical 0,1

// abbrevPositionElectoral 0,1

These two tell you where the name of the region on the map is positioned.

To find the coordinates, open the map in Paint, go to View, and turn the Status Bar on. When you move the pencil tool around the map, two numbers appear in the bottom right corner. Position the pencil in the center of the region you want coordinates for and look at the numbers. These are your two coordinates for the region. For the names, use the same coordinates, then check the scenario. You can go back into the region_variable file after and move the second set of numbers around to position the name better.

I hope this is what you wanted. :blink:

:D thnx so much thats exactly what i needed and it couldnt have been explained any better, now if i can only get 8 more platforms i would be golden right now i have:

Back Pack Weight

Amount of homework

Bullying

Food Quality

TextBook Updates

Bus Driver Quality

Violent Threats against school

Homework Grading Policies

Sex Education

Public Displays of Affection

Appeals against punishment

Time School Starts

Student Late Policy

Dress Code

Any suggestions wiht other platforms or issues

thnx again for all ur help :D

I was thinking the same thing, about making one for my college. It would be rather funny on PM Forever.

I actually did one for my school in PForever. It was kind of based off of our SGA President race last year but with some modifications. The parties I did were:

Jerry's Kids (conservative on school issues, basically the preppy party)

Back Row Boys (punks and lazy guys who want to change everything...they won)

Spring Break Forever (kind of an inside joke as this party contained me and my friends)

Koreans (we have a lot of Koreans at Liberty so it made sense...I also considered doing Canadians instead since we have a ton of them, but there are more Koreans so I went with them)

It was all tongue in cheek though I'm thinking of making another Liberty scenario this time for KForever.