270soft Forum

P4E, PM4E, C4E, Congress 4 Ever

After President, Prime Minister and Chancellor Forever and the upcoming Congress Forever, what are new ideas? Personally, I think that the next versions of the game should be:

City Council Forever

Cartoon Forever

Legislature Forever

Governor Forever

Senate Forever

Confirmation Forever

France Forever

Mayor Forever

Leadership Forever (Leadership Conventions, GOP/DNC National Conventions)

Israel Forever

Italy Forever

Japan Forever

Mexico Forever

European Union Forever

Russian Duma Forever

Vatican Forever

All suggjestions. Please post opinions

Thanks

Matty

PS If anyone has any info on the following games/scenerios and if they are being made please tell

Remember that there was Premier Forever - British Columbia after PMFB. I'm thinking that there will be updates for all the already released games as those countries/provinces have elections. Perhaps Saskatchewan - 2007 is already in the works. :D I'm not so sure about Vatican Forever, though.

Ok, I can agree with you. Bt these are the ones that I think would be interesting:

Cartoon Forever (Cartoon Elections)

Confirmation Forever

Mayor Forever

Leadership Forever (Leadership Conventions, GOP/DNC National Conventions)

Israel Forever

European Union Forever

Russian Duma Forever

like to see it expand into a governing simulator - run, win, run the country, try to win re-election etc

wouldn't be too much of a strech.  campaign money would become the yrly budget, taxes etc...

In fact I would like almost the same. I think something like a party manager would be great. You take over your party and have to handle it through regional and national elections. YOu may even chose who gonna be your top candidat for each election and which topics you concentrate on. Yearly budget and coalition negotiations after elections included. Maybe one would also be able to run the country (if elected) and being able to do decisions over the future of the country.

But actually that would be much more complex than current game and last a long time to produce.

I'd like to see the games become integrated into an Election Forever game. That way, you could make one scenario, and the person playing it can switch between electoral systems.

So you could instantly switch the UK scenario to play on US rules, or on German rules (which it can do already - sort of - by moving them).

I know that there is a bit of this, in that it is easier to make a scenario for P4E if it's based on a PMF scenario, but actually making them fully integrated.

I'd like to see the games become integrated into an Election Forever game. That way, you could make one scenario, and the person playing it can switch between electoral systems.

So you could instantly switch the UK scenario to play on US rules, or on German rules (which it can do already - sort of - by moving them).

I know that there is a bit of this, in that it is easier to make a scenario for P4E if it's based on a PMF scenario, but actually making them fully integrated.

Yes this would be awesome. "The Republican Party has formed a majority government...", "Stephen Harper is the next President of Canada..." This would be a lot of fun.

• 4 weeks later...

MMC and Langdon, I'm with you on the running the country idea. Certainly would make the game last longer. If elected you ahve to make policies and deal with crises and issues, and if you are opposition then you have to decide how to position yourself, what stances to take, how to object. Also, I'd like to see, for the PM versions, a senate election placed in as well, especially if it could become a governing simulator. Because then you'd have to have policies that could get through the senate, and if you were opposition, youcould block motions, force an election if you keep doing it, have to keep party members onside, make sensible decisions otherwise they might cross the floor to vote against you, that sort of thing.

I appreciate it would be much more complicated to make, but maybe they could do it in time for the 2007 Australian elections, 2008 US elections, or 2009 British elections?

Maybe, it would certainly be a step towards a governing simulator, or anything like that, and regardless it would be a new challenge to deal with in the game. It would make sense, because otherwise you'd have to play senate and House of Reps separately, and what would be the point of that?