270soft Forum

What is your platform?

I can't bring myself to agree with you, you and I are on totaly oposite ends of the field, it seems your views are hard for me to jusitfy, as I have a gay brother and nephew I can't look them in the eye and say no, you can't marry the person you love. This is because I love and care about them and I want them and all other people to at least have a chance at marrige and happiness in a marrige.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my god u just said u don't have a problem with homosexuals as long as they don't demand individual rights. dude thats a very prejudicial statement and is indefensable. i mean thats like saying i have no problem with homosexuals as long as they know their place and stay in it

He does seem to truely belive what he is saying, and so I respect him for it, I disagree but unlike other people on this board (not you Vegeta) he is willing to concede some points, and thinks his arguments out and he never said he would not vote for a non-christian cantidate, so I guess he just seems OK, but wrong to me. If he where running for office I would thriow myself in front of a bus rather then let him win, but he does seem like a decent fellow.

"My sentiment on this issue as stated above! Homosexuals have the same rights as us. They pay the same taxes, do the same work and are even apart of the census." yeah but they just can't marry because the majority doesn't agree

i do think u truely believe what your saying (eventhough it's utter nonsense) and as for conceding points i haven't seen him concede one point no matter how dumb it is

no my arguement was that homosexuals deserve the same rights as everybody else (i guess u didn't know that)

and the entire arguement against it lacks substance because all u can say is that 1) the majority is against it (which means nothing 2) it will lead to the destruction of our society (which makes no sense)

i didn't call americans ignorant because they disagreed i just said "just because the majority supports it doesn't make it right"and i've already explained why that is true

ignorance is certainly on your side? i'm not the one saying let's deny other people their basic rights because of some crazy scenario that is just unrealistic