270soft Forum

What is your platform?

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) i'm a hypocrite? i've had one position through this entire "debate"

2) actually hypotheticals do work because they show that a) just because the majority supports it doesn't make it right b ) and right and wrong does not change over a of period time slavery wasn't right then and isn't right now. only a closed minded ignorant person would argue against stand for what is right

3) i haven't changed your mind because your mind is closed and will never consider something that goes against what u think

4) "The argument stems the message. Maybe you should go live in Zimbabwe or Iran for a few months. When you get back, let me know your answer!" WHAT? what does that have to do with our discussion

He's just a homophobic bastard like (the real) Keyes who compresses their hatred into mindless rambling.                 

I'm flattered to be compared to that of Ambassador Keyes.

Alan Keyes is one of the more intelligent Republicans, and he deserves a tiny bit more respect than pulling tabloid stories on his family members (At least until he crosses a moral threshold that McCain has recently crossed).

I am glad that Alan Keyes participated in the Senate race, because he is better politician than the aforementioned gentlemen (Kerry) , both in terms of personal qualities and on the issues. Keyes is well spoken, better in touch with his constituents, and has an overwhelmingly impressive record of achievement during his years as an Ambassador to the United Nations.

That is the greatest complement that I think anyone has bestowed upon me in the 2004 period, so thank you!

Moral Threshold? You mean anti-semitism.

He's just a homophobic bastard like (the real) Keyes who compresses their hatred into mindless rambling.                 

I'm flattered to be compared to that of Ambassador Keyes.

Alan Keyes is one of the more intelligent Republicans, and he deserves a tiny bit more respect than pulling tabloid stories on his family members (At least until he crosses a moral threshold that McCain has recently crossed).

I am glad that Alan Keyes participated in the Senate race, because he is better politician than the aforementioned gentlemen (Kerry) , both in terms of personal qualities and on the issues. Keyes is well spoken, better in touch with his constituents, and has an overwhelmingly impressive record of achievement during his years as an Ambassador to the United Nations.

That is the greatest complement that I think anyone has bestowed upon me in the 2004 period, so thank you!

And it is an insult. He is a born loser. On his website, he calls everyone who beats him a "ultra-left wing liberals". He is a pathetic failure. He critized Hillary for moving to New York to run for senate, but when the Illinois Republicans invite him, it's all right! :lol:

1) so back in the 1800's slavery was right?

2)"Of course not. Maybe under your standards it might seem like a receptive idea."

dude your the one argueing for social stability by taking away rights from others

3) "Yes you have. There are far more emotive people willing to protect their cause. I admire such actons, but I cannot and will not argree." in other words your a close minded person that never considers a position different from your own

4) "Everything. You dragged 'civil rights' into this argument- your ruination!" dragged? this entire arguement is about civil rights

Oh I think I am making plenty of sense. I have taken up an argument that is usually kept in the dark, and considering, six on one, I feel that I’ve made plenty of sense; probably to the extent that I wont be able to exhaust this argument.

My opinion was asked and I gladly responded with an in-depth response. About 20+ posts later, I’m still here, demonstrating my commitment and dedication to the topic.

What is the point of having principles if you don’t use or exercise them?

I'll keep rollin'.

Yes you do, and I am happy for it. If we did not have you hear to debate we would not have any fun! B)

ya keyes u kept going eventhough everyone of your points were destroyed (and it was more like one on one because i was doing most of the argueing)

i respect u for standing by your position and your the best republican debator on this board but u were probably defeated after the first 10 post

Correct, civil rights is not just about race, it also involves gender and sexual orientation.

Yes, but the connotation depends on the true context and matter of severity. Libertarians would have us believe that the term is one such that is loose and hence, can be relayed to any given situation, even despite obvious cracks in the argument of defence (the topic concurrently in motion is one perfect example)

So you are against civil rights? :o

"Yes, but the connotation depends on the true context and matter of severity. Libertarians would have us believe that the term is one such that is loose and hence, can be relayed to any given situation, even despite obvious cracks in the argument of defence (the topic concurrently in motion is one perfect example) "

?????? maybe i should listen more in english class but i have no idea what your talking about