270soft Forum

Hey guys, I am trying to create a new primary scenario for both parties however, I am having a difficult time figuring out how to create a map for my scenario. I want to include Iowa, NH, VA, and CO on the map. Any ideas on how I can do this are greatly appreciated.

Hey guys, I am trying to create a new primary scenario for both parties however, I am having a difficult time figuring out how to create a map for my scenario. I want to include Iowa, NH, VA, and CO on the map. Any ideas on how I can do this are greatly appreciated.

I have one with Iowa, NH, and SC

All you need to do is draw out the states on the default background using a PURE BLACK LINE (otherwise, it won't work at all) and divide them up by their Congressional Districts. Then, pick any point within the district, create a new area in the "region_variables" file for it, and input the coordinates. That gets the map set up.

In the "electorate_trends" file, you'll need to add the sum of the new regions to the "number of regions" field. Then, in the same file, you'll need to add the region in following the guidelines given in the file.

If you plan to use regionalism, you'll also need to create a new area in the "regional_centers" file.

Feel good?

All you need to do is draw out the states on the default background using a PURE BLACK LINE (otherwise, it won't work at all) and divide them up by their Congressional Districts. Then, pick any point within the district, create a new area in the "region_variables" file for it, and input the coordinates. That gets the map set up.

In the "electorate_trends" file, you'll need to add the sum of the new regions to the "number of regions" field. Then, in the same file, you'll need to add the region in following the guidelines given in the file.

If you plan to use regionalism, you'll also need to create a new area in the "regional_centers" file.

Feel good?

You know, I'm kinda handy with maps, if you would like some work done on it. I can even find the coordinates for the regionable_variables while I'm at it so that the areas match up. If you want, of course. :)

Okay, I have the map made, but I would like to know how you want the congressional districts named. I could have 'Iowa District 1', or name the district after some counties in the district (Cedar-Muscatine). Which would you rather have? Personally, I like the 'Iowa District 1' style, but it's up to you. Also, for the abbreviation on the map, I think it would be best to have the number for the district instead of the full name because some of the districts are pretty small.

Okay, I have the map made, but I would like to know how you want the congressional districts named.  I could have 'Iowa District 1', or name the district after some counties in the district (Cedar-Muscatine).  Which would you rather have? Personally, I like the 'Iowa District 1' style, but it's up to you.  Also, for the abbreviation on the map, I think it would be best to have the number for the district instead of the full name because some of the districts are pretty small.

Yea I agree, with you I'd prefer the numbers as well