270soft Forum

Other Games

MattyN

Well, if you play President Forever...and post on this forum, you quite possibly play other Mac/PC/Video games. What ones do you play? What type of games do you like best?

Interesting...I like the look of Political Machine...does look more laid back, a bit more...silly with it's cartoony graphics. Could be fun.

Anyone ever play a game called Shadow President? It's a President simulator where you completely control the US...from military to nukes to economy. I remember playing once and just taking over the world...I even had a war w/ the Soviet Union, where Turkey and I won...but Turkey became the occupying power in the USSR...(the game is set in 1992).

Such as President Elect, Power Politics, Doonesbury election game and Shadow President. There is also a free game called Election Day that the University of Washington has created. http://host203.ipowerweb.com/~election/ There is also Frontrunner - www.lanterngames.com. I own the political machine too, which is ok. (www.politicalmachine.com) They are all fun to play but President Forever beats them in spades.

Yea, lost the USSR to Turkey....I had taken over all of North & South America...part of Europe, (including France, Spain, UK, Ireland, Iceland...), part of Africa, AND both Australia and New Zealand...plus a bit of the Middle East. Turkey can have the USSR :P

Howdy All,

I've played Shadow President but my crazy computer would 'hang up & freeze' after I conqured South America, North America and invaded Cuba when the nukes started falling from the Reds.

The only other political game I played was "No Greater Glory" where you are either Lincoln or Davis and you set the Cabinet, Taxes, Recuitment, Move Troops, Move Supplies, Fight Battles and lead your country to victory or defeat.

I've beat the North by early 1862 by invasion of their cities from Kentucky and the US COngress impeached Lincoln & sued for peace! :) Huzzah for the CSA! :)

GB

-Creighton

Go to www.the-underdogs.org It has free political games. Such as President Elect, Power Politics, Doonesbury election game and Shadow President. There is also a free game called Election Day that the University of Washington has created. http://host203.ipowerweb.com/~election/ There is also Frontrunner - www.lanterngames.com. I own the political machine too, which is ok. (www.politicalmachine.com) They are all fun to play but President Forever beats them in spades.

Hey hardright, whenever i got to Home of the Underdogs, and try to download ShadowPresident, I type in the password (correctly) and press the Go button, at the bottom of the page is says "downloading from site" with no loading bar, and when i move my mouse it say "done"

Is there something wrong?

I really want to get this game...

I got Shad Prez from the Underdogs, but it won't work in Virtual PC (I'm on a Mac for now). I even had it in a DOS-only emulation and still it's messed up...

Here's my faves:

No Greater Glory (Still haven't beat it)

Balance of Power (Cold War geopolitical game)

Conflict Middle East (play the Israeli PM and try to overthrow your neighbors)

People's General (War game-China vs. the USA/West in 2008)

Tower (Air Traffic control game-land and taxi planes at O'hare and DC National)

Colonization (based on original Civ, but in the colonial Americas)

Civilization 3

Sim City 4

The Sims

Tropico

Railroad Tycoon

Mostly a strategy/God games fan here

Can anyone tell me how to get Shadow President running? I've been wanting to play it since I was a kid. Also any No Greater Glory hints?

Can anyone tell me how to get Shadow President running? I've been wanting to play it since I was a kid. Also any No Greater Glory hints?

gop4e: Hey! You and yall who want Shadow President - email me your address and I'll mail yall a copy of the CD. I gotta go get some CD-WRs anyway. If I can help lemme know! It is fun when it don't freeze!

I've beat No Greater Glory many times (on the easy level) which side do you play? I play the Confederates ::grins:: (naturally) now, I have played the mean Yankees a few times and s...l...o...w....l....y conquered the South.

Tell me how your game ends and when and I'll see if I can help you! :) Huzzah for the Confederacy! Long live the South!!

Go to  www.the-underdogs.org  It has free political games.  Such as President Elect, Power Politics, Doonesbury election game and Shadow President.  There is also a free game called Election Day that the University of Washington has created. http://host203.ipowerweb.com/~election/  There is also Frontrunner - www.lanterngames.com.  I own the political machine too, which is ok.  (www.politicalmachine.com) They are all fun to play but President Forever beats them in spades.

Power Politics is great! It reminds me of P4E in many ways. I like the press confrences, multiple citys in each state, and the ability to hire a spin doctor. In many ways, I am sorry to say that Power Politics is superior.

P4E still wins though because the the ease of creating scenarios, candidates, and it has a much better interface.

Archived