270soft Forum

Is there a list ...

... of things that you need to change when creating a scenario?

I think I have identified a couple of the problems I was experiencing. One of them is with the map, which has thoroughly confused me as the colours are all over the place.

Any help with this would be much appreciated!

However, having followed all the advice, I still have the previous problems of:

Error in adBox::get NumAdMaking

and

List index out of bounds (-1)

so if someone could tell me what those mean and how they might be soluble, I may well be there as everything else appears in order. I am hoping that this will also explain why I can't click onto the map properly either when it *does* actually let me look at it on screen.

I am getting really frustrated now, I'm afraid... I am not a natural programmer, obviously, and I just want to have a go at changing some data in the safe confines of someone else's program.

Hi Steve,

If you can't click on the map properly this suggests that there is something wrong in the region_variables file. Make sure all the mapPos entries are there (that is, that each region has the 10 mapPos lines) and that the coordinates are all correct.

One tip for scenario editing in general: make changes a few at a time, so if something then doesn't load right you have a good idea where the problem is. (There are some cases where this isn't feasible, such as when changing the number of regions which require multiple changes simultaneously.)

Tony

Thanks for the hints there.

I can play as a test run now, but there seems to be a problem with certain candidates which it doesn't like. I don't know why.

Would some kind soul be willing to look through the game and weed out the little problems, e.g. the candidates it won't work with, "XXX position best for America" (not UK), number of ECVs being too high etc etc. As we don't have regional flags, I have used a well-known image from each region to illustrate it, so there's a little treat for the UK users and Anglophiles everywhere...

Will e-mail it to anyone who thinks they can remove the bugs.

thanks

Steve

Thanks for the hints there.

I can play as a test run now, but there seems to be a problem with certain candidates which it doesn't like. I don't know why.

Would some kind soul be willing to look through the game and weed out the little problems, e.g. the candidates it won't work with, "XXX position best for America" (not UK), number of ECVs being too high etc etc. As we don't have regional flags, I have used a well-known image from each region to illustrate it, so there's a little treat for the UK users and Anglophiles everywhere...

Will e-mail it to anyone who thinks they can remove the bugs.

thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Email it to me at dhaitel@ualberta.ca and I will try to figure out what is wrong. I have had a number of frustrations when making my scenarios but eventually I solved the problem. B)