270soft Forum

Best & Worst Campaigns you've played

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dynamism was on... sorry, I forgot to mention :rolleyes: , I thought it is obvious. I am not really into the game yet, so youprobably could do even better with Dynamism on.

With Dynamism off, not a chance... you might take Maine or some other states (like Idaho, Wyoming, Utah or Kansas), but that's pretty much all you can do.

So Dynamism was on, but I did not change anything else.  It was a really tough campaign though...

You can take Texas with a little luck with Dunamism off

• 3 weeks later...

I just played Jack's new NB Election scenario and won a minority government with the NDP...

35% Weir - 24 Seats

33% Graham - 19 Seats

31% Lord - 12 Seats

(take that Tory Golden Boy :P )

Just Hammered the Tories and Grits in Fundy Coast and Upper Saint John Valley - lost by some pretty close margins, very easily could have been a majority.

BTW - how do you do a screen capture so I can post it here like the rest of yous guys.

I just played Jack's new NB Election scenario and won a minority government with the NDP...

35% Weir - 24 Seats

33% Graham - 19 Seats

31% Lord - 12 Seats

(take that Tory Golden Boy  :P )

Just Hammered the Tories and Grits in Fundy Coast and Upper Saint John Valley - lost by some pretty close margins, very easily could have been a majority.

BTW - how do you do a screen capture so I can post it here like the rest of yous guys.

Alt+Print Screen (Next to all the F buttons). Then, paste it in your graphics program, and host it somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Best Games:

Ronald Reagan in a 1984 scenario. Took every state (not including D.C.) with 56% of the popular vote. Won Hawaii by 10 votes.

Gary Hart in a 1988 scenario. Hart has some nice attributes but is down by about 5 points in the national polls at the start. Defeated Bush Sr. in both debates, ran successful ads, and took 52% of the popular vote while winning about 310 EVs, including Colorado (home state, but starts in the corner of Bush) and Florida (Graham's--the VP candidate--home state, but also red at the start.

On the flip side, I owned Dukakis as Daddy Bush in 1988, taking 57% of the popular vote and 477 EVs.

In 1960 as Richard Nixon. Scandals knocked JFK out while I took momentum. Won 53% of the popular vote and 424 EVs.

In 1992, I won in a landslide as Daddy Bush (46% popular, 450 EVs). I think everything went wrong for Clinton, as I ended up winning California and New York as well (Perot hurt his chances as he sank). I find 1992 a little unfair, since Bush and Perot have the ability to put more foot soldiers on the ground than Clinton. Bill is also covering more ground and usually gets hammered by a scandal or three. But that's politics.

In 2004, I won as Howard Dean. Took 51-52% of the popular vote and about 300 EVs. Whomped Bush in the debates and gained a lot of momentum. I also had Gephardt as my VP, which helps in the mid-west (He and Edwards are dynamite, and really put holes in the Red States).

Worst Games:

Actually, I usually quit when something goes wrong. :P

2004, I lost as Kerry. Defeated Bush in the debates, took leads in key states (including Arizona). All of a sudden, my lead shrank in the last couple weeks. Bush squeaked out a victory, althoughI probably won the popular vote (it's pretty easy to do that in the 2004 scenario).

I've got a few greats & and not so greats:

Greats:

1932: Won every single state except Vermont & Connecticut. Brought in about 61% of the popular vote. Vermont was about 55% for Hoover & Connecticut was much closer, around 50.2 I think.

1932: Barely won with Hoover, I got 277 EV's and 46% of the popular vote. A very very close victory but impressive none the less.

1952: Completely swept the EC with Eisenhower. Only 54% popular vote though.

1952: Beat Eisenhower with Stevenson with around 400 EV's and 56% popular vote.

1960: Completely defeated Nixon as Kennedy, only losing Mississippi to Sen. Byrd. 57% popular vote.

1972: Beat Nixon as McGovern with about 425 EV's and 51% popular vote.

1980: Won as Carter with 450 EV's and 57% popular vote.

1980: Managed to win as Ted Kennedy against Reagan with about 300 EV's and 48% popular vote.

1984: BEAT REAGAN AS MONDALE!!! Won around 323 EV's and 52% popular vote.

1992: Brought in 492 EV's, which has probably been beaten by some, but I had Perot on and managed to still pull in 56% of the popular vote.

2004: Won 478 EV's & 57% popular vote with Al Sharpton against Bush.

2008: Beat Jeb Bush as Joseph Biden with 534 EV's *winning all but Idaho...losing by less than 1% of the vote* and 60% of the popular vote.

2008: Won as Bill Richardson against Bill Frist, winning 512 EV's and 58% popular vote.

Not so Greats:

1920: Lost half the South as Cox to Harding!

1932: Lost as FDR by 2 EV's because I lost New York to Hoover in the last few days of the campaign

1980: Slaughtered as Carter, brought in less than 100 EV's, all from the South plus Minnesota.

1992: Lost as Clinton...enough said.

2000: Ran as Gore and lost because of CALIFORNIA! Somehow Bush swinged it from edging towards me in the last week of the election to being pretty solidly for Bush *56% Bush final poll results*

2004: Lost as Colin Powell to Kerry but won 53% of the popular vote.

I've got a few greats & and not so greats:

Greats:

1932: Won every single state except Vermont & Connecticut. Brought in about 61% of the popular vote. Vermont was about 55% for Hoover & Connecticut was much closer, around 50.2 I think.

1932: Barely won with Hoover, I got 277 EV's and 46% of the popular vote. A very very close victory but impressive none the less.

1952: Completely swept the EC with Eisenhower. Only 54% popular vote though.

1952: Beat Eisenhower with Stevenson with around 400 EV's and 56% popular vote.

1960: Completely defeated Nixon as Kennedy, only losing Mississippi to Sen. Byrd. 57% popular vote.

1972: Beat Nixon as McGovern with about 425 EV's and 51% popular vote.

1980: Won as Carter with 450 EV's and 57% popular vote.

1980: Managed to win as Ted Kennedy against Reagan with about 300 EV's and 48% popular vote.

1984: BEAT REAGAN AS MONDALE!!! Won around 323 EV's and 52% popular vote.

1992: Brought in 492 EV's, which has probably been beaten by some, but I had Perot on and managed to still pull in 56% of the popular vote.

2004: Won 478 EV's & 57% popular vote with Al Sharpton against Bush.

2008: Beat Jeb Bush as Joseph Biden with 534 EV's *winning all but Idaho...losing by less than 1% of the vote* and 60% of the popular vote.

2008: Won as Bill Richardson against Bill Frist, winning 512 EV's and 58% popular vote.

Not so Greats:

1920: Lost half the South as Cox to Harding!

1932: Lost as FDR by 2 EV's because I lost New York to Hoover in the last few days of the campaign

1980: Slaughtered as Carter, brought in less than 100 EV's, all from the South plus Minnesota.

1992: Lost as Clinton...enough said.

2000: Ran as Gore and lost because of CALIFORNIA! Somehow Bush swinged it from edging towards me in the last week of the election to being pretty solidly for Bush *56% Bush final poll results*

2004: Lost as Colin Powell to Kerry but won 53% of the popular vote.

some pretty impressive stuff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another good best to add to my list, I just won 1972: Post Revolution as Eldridge Cleaver with 324 electoral votes & 32% of the vote. That doesn't seem good to anyone who hasn't played 1972PR but to anyone who has you know thats hard as hell to do with all 4 candidates on. No screen shot but here were the final results:

Jane Fonda(Revolutionary): 17% Popular vote, 0 EV's, No states

Ram Dass(Freedom): 26% Popular vote, 45 EV's, Hawaii, Oregon, Idaho, North Dakota,Kansas, Missouri, Alabama

Ronald Reagan(American Patriot): 23% Popular vote 169 EV's, Alaska, California, Utah, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, South Dakota, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, Indiana, Minnesota, Georgia, Florida, Maine

Eldridge Cleaver(Communist): 32% Popular vote, 324 EV's, Washington, Nevada, Arizona, Iowa, Wisconsin, Michigan, Illinois, Ohio, West Virginia, Maryland, DC, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Virginia, Kentucky, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana

Just played as a home-built 45-year old Mayor of Washington, D.C. (Gandolf Dornan) who was centrist on everything except was center-right on abortion, and right on terrorism with a VP from Massachusetts (Robert Bothwell) versus a 72-year old Utah state senator (Wesley Purkenje) who was far left on everything except terrorism (left) with a VP (Shawn Thorton) from Wyoming.

538-0 with 67 percent of the popular vote. Won DC by four percent and carried 92 percent of the vote in Utah. :lol:

Just played as a home-built 45-year old Mayor of Washington, D.C. (Gandolf Dornan) who was centrist on everything except was center-right on abortion, and right on terrorism with a VP from Massachusetts (Robert Bothwell) versus a 72-year old Utah state senator (Wesley Purkenje) who was far left on everything except terrorism (left) with a VP (Shawn Thorton) from Wyoming.

538-0 with 67 percent of the popular vote.  Won DC by four percent and carried 92 percent of the vote in Utah.  :lol:

WOW!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...