270soft Forum

Just a couple of questions

Hi, I have a couple of questions that I was hoping someone could shed some light on for me. There nothing major, but I could not seem to find them by reading through previous posts.

1. The first question is fairly straight forward. I know there are 646 ridings in the British version. Is this the maximum number of ridings there can be in our own scenarios?

2. This one may sound stupid, but I know that when selecting partys we can have human, computer or we can turn them off and not use them. When I play the British version, I can only choose human or computer. There is no off button. To try to get around this, I changed the setting in the default_parties_on file to 0 to turn it off. When I try to play the game, the party is now showing off, but when the game trys to create the scenario, I get a list out of bounds error. Can someone make any sense out of what I trying to say?

Thanks

Chris....

Hi, I have a couple of questions that I was hoping someone could shed some light on for me. There nothing major, but I could not seem to find them by reading through previous posts.

1. The first question is fairly straight forward. I know there are 646 ridings in the British version. Is this the maximum number of ridings there can be in our own scenarios?

2. This one may sound stupid, but I know that when selecting partys we can have human, computer or we can turn them off and not use them. When I play the British version, I can only choose human or computer. There is no off button. To try to get around this, I changed the setting in the default_parties_on file to 0 to turn it off. When I try to play the game, the party is now showing off, but when the game trys to create the scenario, I get a list out of bounds error. Can someone make any sense out of what I trying to say?

Thanks

Chris....

Chris,

I don't know the answer to your first question.

The reason 80soft does not let you turn off parties is because, if you were to turn off certain parties, some constituencies would have no candidates at all. So the company decided to not allow one to turn off a party. All the parties in any scenario must therefore be set at 1 in the default_parties_on.p4e file or you will get that index out of bounds error.

Keith

Chris,

I don't know the answer to your first question.

The reason 80soft does not let you turn off parties is because, if you were to turn off certain parties, some constituencies would have no candidates at all.  So the company decided to not allow one to turn off a party.  All the parties in any scenario must therefore be set at 1 in the default_parties_on.p4e file or you will get that index out of bounds error.

Keith

Hi Keith, I kind of figured that might have been the reason. I was going through the riding file before and seen what you are talking about.

Thanks for the info,

Chris...