270soft Forum

How many people play with the fog of war option?

Liberal_Democrat

I always use Fog of War; it's much more exciting when a poll appears to show Bush on the verge of losing Texas or Kerry likewise in Massachusetts when it's just a blip.

It's far more interesting to see candidates pouring resources into a state where they wouldn't normally need to campaign much: makes more a better game!

Actually, here's one reason to use Fog of War:

It appears to confuse the AIs.

If you are behind, and have a concrete strategy for winning (e.g. George Wallace in '68 - I play it essentially as a repeat of the Carter 76 strategy), you want to confuse the other guys as much as possible.

Of course, they can order their own polls, but it'll run up $$$.

:o I've never played a game with it off. I hadn't even noticed it was an option until it was mentioned in this thread. I mean, I saw it and knew what it did, but I never actually considered changing the setting. Wow.

So, to answer the question: every time.

• 2 weeks later...
I always use Fog of War; it's much more exciting when a poll appears to show Bush on the verge of losing Texas or Kerry likewise in Massachusetts when it's just a blip.

It's far more interesting to see candidates pouring resources into a state where they wouldn't normally need to campaign much: makes more a better game!

Gay leftist Anti-Bush people should not be supporting the Poodle Party. :-P

Liberal Democrat or Green d00d.

Archived