270soft Forum

General

6 minutes ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

I meant a section of the Forum set aside for things not relating to Campaign Creation.

Nope! But I'll tolerate bug reports on the forum, in particular related to custom campaigns. That's OK.

1 hour ago, Anthony_270 said:

Oh, do you mean adding a Wiki Updates Page to the forum?

Well, more like a thread, but definitely yes.

Also, I just wanted to let you know I've started running 2020 "AI Only" game results and putting th eresults on Twitter under the Wiki's account to try and get Prez Infinity some boosted exposure. I may do Congress AI Only runs if you add third parties into the campaigns of Congress Infinity 2023. These are always fun to see the physical results (on a map, not just a list of simulated outcomes). 

1 hour ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Well, more like a thread, but definitely yes.

Also, I just wanted to let you know I've started running 2020 "AI Only" game results and putting th eresults on Twitter under the Wiki's account to try and get Prez Infinity some boosted exposure. I may do Congress AI Only runs if you add third parties into the campaigns of Congress Infinity 2023. These are always fun to see the physical results (on a map, not just a list of simulated outcomes). 

Awesome!

You're welcome to start a thread on the main part of the forum dedicated to Wiki updates.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Murkowski is officially running as a Republican candidate in Nov. So I think it makes sense for her party flag to be the Republican one (even though the Alaskan Republican Party has censured her and does not support her candidacy).

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

Murkowski is officially running as a Republican candidate in Nov. So I think it makes sense for her party flag to be the Republican one (even though the Alaskan Republican Party has censured her and does not support her candidacy).

This may be discouraged to discuss, but do you think Murkowski running another Independent campaign (basically, since Trump will most likely endorse Tshibaka or whatever her name is) will split the R vote enough to give the Dems an Alaska Senate seat? Or will this result in the second time Murkowski successfully runs for a seat on a *basic* independent campaign?

8 minutes ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

This may be discouraged to discuss, but do you think Murkowski running another Independent campaign (basically, since Trump will most likely endorse Tshibaka or whatever her name is) will split the R vote enough to give the Dems an Alaska Senate seat? Or will this result in the second time Murkowski successfully runs for a seat on a *basic* independent campaign?

I think the chance the Dem will win is ~0%. AK's ballot is ranked choice. So more likely those votes go D -> Murkowski. I think the most likely outcome by far is Murkowski is re-elected, with a small outside chance Tshibaka wins (alas). Happy to be proven wrong.

You can see the primary results here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2022_United_States_Senate_election_in_Alaska#Primary_election

If Murkowski doesn't get >50% off the bat, that 8% Dem vote is much more likely to go to her than Tshibaka. And Murkowski is already ahead of Tshibaka by 5%.

Again, happy to be proven wrong!

• Thanks 1