Who will be Donald Trump's VP?  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be Donald Trump's VP?

• Ron DeSantis
    • Tim Scott
    • Mike Pompeo
    • Mike Pence
    • Other

I'd hope for Scott, but I think Pompeo is the most likely choice from this list followed by DeSantis.

10 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Trump-Scott 2024 would be unbeatable. 

I think he’s his best VP option but hardly unbeatable with Trump on the ticket. 50/50 at best. DeSantis/Scott would be stronger. I think Scott/Haley would be the GOP’s best ticket.

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

I think he’s his best VP option but hardly unbeatable with Trump on the ticket. 50/50 at best. DeSantis/Scott would be stronger. I think Scott/Haley would be the GOP’s best ticket.

unbeatable. as we talked about with the minority vote, this would be both a historic and unstoppable combination. especially given the awful options on the Democratic side. 

I'd even risk saying that trump and Scott would get at minimum 15% of the Black vote and most likely more against a Kamala/Pete ticket or vice versa. 30% if Pete is front of the ticket 

1 hour ago, IndependentPerson said:

Except that they're both from the same state...

Tim Scott is not ready for President yet, I'd need to see him tested more because it's been smooth sailing. But as a VP a perfect choice besides DeSantis (I'd probably go Scott depending on if Pete B is in the picture or not) 

Not a fan of Haley personally. She doesn't seem that impressive in speeches, her flip flopping on Trump reminds me of Romney and I think the media would eat her alive. 

Good luck trying to paint Scott with the racist flag. I recall liberals calling him an Uncle ___ which was the most disgusting and ineffective attack I've seen. 

1 hour ago, IndependentPerson said:

Exactly, Haley and Scott are both from SC.

Oh yeah. Forgot I said that. Yeah, that would be their best ticket still, but it wouldn't be possible. Maybe Scott/Noem or DeSantis/Haley. Haley/Scott might be good too. DeSantis/Noem. Basically, anyone but Trump would be an upgrade. Since I strongly dislike the GOP, I'd find Baker/Hogan as probably the best ticket if I were forced to vote GOP. Obviously, neither person would win nomination in 2024.

57 minutes ago, vcczar said:

Oh yeah. Forgot I said that. Yeah, that would be their best ticket still, but it wouldn't be possible. Maybe Scott/Noem or DeSantis/Haley. Haley/Scott might be good too. DeSantis/Noem. Basically, anyone but Trump would be an upgrade. Since I strongly dislike the GOP, I'd find Baker/Hogan as probably the best ticket if I were forced to vote GOP. Obviously, neither person would win nomination in 2024.

As much as you dislike Trump, the momentum and energy he would bring given the circumstances of the world today would trump any "hate" he has from others. Yes he would inspire more from the Democratic base, but it's tough to hate a guy or be so inspired to vote against him when he hasn't been in office for 4 years.  

43 minutes ago, PoliticalPundit said:

As much as you dislike Trump, the momentum and energy he would bring given the circumstances of the world today would trump any "hate" he has from others. Yes he would inspire more from the Democratic base, but it's tough to hate a guy or be so inspired to vote against him when he hasn't been in office for 4 years.  

I seriously doubt that. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

I seriously doubt that. 

2020 was the perfect storm of covid, weird voting rules, and a safe candidate who had strong approval ratings from both sides. And he still lost a very very close race.

2022 midterms will be a huge test. Whether you think trump is a bad candidate or not, republicans are in great shape if Biden continues to govern how he does for a pretty dominant sweep. And if he doesn’t run there are 0 Good Democratic options

trumps approval, favorable marks etc will never be lower than they were as he handled covid. The worst of his mishaps are in the past especially with no Twitter 

1 hour ago, Anthony_270 said:

I agree that, if Biden's term continues going the way it has gone the first year, more and more people will hold their nose and vote Trump.

Or just not vote for either, particularly minorities. No way the black vote is what it was in 2020 at this rate, and the Hispanic vote moved tremendously towards Trump.