270soft Forum

The progressive platform in the mainstream

PoliticalPundit

On 11/25/2021 at 3:46 PM, PoliticalPundit said:

It's comments like these why a progressive platform will never be successful at electing a president. Warren is smart and damn well knows this isn't true yet still plays to her base

https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/1463598298208473088?s=20

She's citing Business Insider. Seems like you should be more upset at them. 

1 hour ago, PoliticalPundit said:

So not upset as her for spreading false information from a bigger platform? Don’t think you’d have that reaction if trump posted a link to some alt right link 

That’s not a good analogy. Business insider isn’t far left. It’s center left according to media bias check. Thus, it’s likely much more credible than any alt right link since it’s only lightly partisan. 

Do you have any evidence that the business insider article is spreading false information?

6 hours ago, vcczar said:

That’s not a good analogy. Business insider isn’t far left. It’s center left according to media bias check. Thus, it’s likely much more credible than any alt right link since it’s only lightly partisan. 

Do you have any evidence that the business insider article is spreading false information?

Do you believe most things on Fox News and other right leaning sights are true information? 

4 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Do you believe most things on Fox News and other right leaning sights are true information? 

I do when the information comes from a credible source. It’s generally the more op-Ed stuff that can be outlandish. My main news source is TheHill, which is traditionally center-right but has moved center in the Trump era. I don’t like partisan news, even if I agree with it. I want facts and balanced analysis. I’m not even ideological really. My political views are based on what I see as both common sense and inevitable. I just want to speed up the inevitable. Progressive policies generally win in the long run. Abolition, Civil Rights, Voting Rights, Minimum Wage, Pensions, Social Security, Healthcare, Subsidies, Public housing, gay marriage, Public education/colleges, Other safety nets, etc. Much of what Warren, AOC, Sanders advocate will likely be enacted in some form before the year 2100 probably. Conservatism rarely wins. It just aims to slow the inevitable. That might be a win in their book, if the idea is to just not live through the progressive change. I’m not saying that that all this progressive change is great. I’m just saying much of the ideas are inevitable, whether one likes them or not. I tend to think they’re generally more good than bad as a whole—an attempt to fulfill “Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness” as I define those words. And to create “A More Perfect Union.”