270soft Forum

Donald Trump's 2024 Strategy

PoliticalPundit

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/11/23/trump-2024-map-523230

As Donald Trump builds out a presidential-campaign-in-waiting, his team is focusing on an electoral strategy that relies on recapturing the five states that flipped to Joe Biden in 2020.

The five states — Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin — delivered a total of 73 electoral votes in 2020, enough to produce a decisive Electoral College victory for Biden. Since then, Trump has held four rallies, endorsed dozens of candidates and played a key role in shaping contests that could put his allies in top offices in those states in 2024.

According to the poll, a memo of which was obtained by POLITICO, the former president led Biden in Arizona by 8 percentage points, Georgia by 3 points, Michigan by 12 points, Pennsylvania by 6 points and Wisconsin by 10 points.

Biden has also publicly said he plans to run for reelection. The super PAC supporting him, Unite The Country, is similarly gearing up in the five states the Trump campaign has focused on, first with an eye on the midterms and then the presidential race in 2024.

“Our official posture is that this is all about the midterms, and in some ways it is,” said one Trump adviser who spoke anonymously and was not authorized to comment on his behalf. “But this is all about Trump and the movement and what happens in 2024. Trump wants a rematch so badly with Biden he can taste it.”

• Upvote 1

I saw this polls. It’s rated B/C which means it is even less reliable than most polls. 

What strikes me as odd is that MI should be the most Democrat friendly and GA should be the least. This is the reverse. It could be accurate but it seems odd without diving into it further. 

4 hours ago, vcczar said:

I saw this polls. It’s rated B/C which means it is even less reliable than most polls. 

What strikes me as odd is that MI should be the most Democrat friendly and GA should be the least. This is the reverse. It could be accurate but it seems odd without diving into it further. 

To be fair, this is the pollster who told Trump he was going to lose in 2020 repeatedly and predicted it pretty spot on and yet Trump refused to listen to him. He's legitimate based on his track record. 

"Fabrizio’s polls haven’t always been favorable for Trump. During the 2020 campaign, according to campaign advisers, Fabrizio’s surveys were so consistently bleak for the incumbent that Trump disliked speaking with him and sought out other pollsters who would give him more favorable numbers."

4 hours ago, vcczar said:

It does make some sense, but that's a trend I'd expect to see down the line rather than right now. Detroit is depopulting, while the Atlanta suburbs are growing. I do fully expect MI to vote right of GA in 2024, but not by that much.