270soft Forum

Georgia race

PoliticalPundit

4 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

@vcczar, I guess the mudslinging has begun. No mention of his mental issues though 

Herschel Walker Republican or Democrat is easily one of the most likable humans in politics. Good luck trying to paint him in this way 

I don’t know who these people are. I doubt Warnock will say anything like this. As someone from Dallas TX and is old enough to have watched Walker as a Cowboy, He’s always seemed likable. They should just attack him on his residency. He’s been a Texan since 1985. He hasn’t really lived in Georgia until right before the campaign. That’s where they should attack him. That and inexperience and ties to Trump. 

2 hours ago, vcczar said:

I don’t know who these people are. I doubt Warnock will say anything like this. As someone from Dallas TX and is old enough to have watched Walker as a Cowboy, He’s always seemed likable. They should just attack him on his residency. He’s been a Texan since 1985. He hasn’t really lived in Georgia until right before the campaign. That’s where they should attack him. That and inexperience and ties to Trump. 

Unless Herschel just totally flops the debates bc of experience issues, I have real trouble seeing him lose. The man is just the definition of likability and charisma.

If they decide to attack him on "character issues" this is going to be an easy win for him. 

I also still believe the media (especially local) won't attack him that hard as other Trump supported candidates. 

10 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Unless Herschel just totally flops the debates bc of experience issues, I have real trouble seeing him lose. The man is just the definition of likability and charisma.

If they decide to attack him on "character issues" this is going to be an easy win for him. 

I also still believe the media (especially local) won't attack him that hard as other Trump supported candidates. 

I don’t think it’s going to be an easy win. I think he could win though. Also he’s more likable than charismatic. That latter requires a kind of rousing energy or eloquence of speech or both. Walkers just a good guy football player. I think Warnock being a reverend and likable himself won’t be hard to defeat. I think Walker would have an easier time vs Ossoff for instance. 

I’d say it’s really going to depend if Biden and Democrat favorability is better in Nov 2022 than it is now. Also how Trump responds. Trump cost GOP Georgia  Senate seats by basically telling people not to vote because the election is rigged. He stupidly rigged it for Democrats with his own rhetoric. Walker definitely can win in this climate, but they need to tape Trump’s mouth shut. 

8 hours ago, vcczar said:

I don’t think it’s going to be an easy win. I think he could win though. Also he’s more likable than charismatic. That latter requires a kind of rousing energy or eloquence of speech or both. Walkers just a good guy football player. I think Warnock being a reverend and likable himself won’t be hard to defeat. I think Walker would have an easier time vs Ossoff for instance. 

I’d say it’s really going to depend if Biden and Democrat favorability is better in Nov 2022 than it is now. Also how Trump responds. Trump cost GOP Georgia  Senate seats by basically telling people not to vote because the election is rigged. He stupidly rigged it for Democrats with his own rhetoric. Walker definitely can win in this climate, but they need to tape Trump’s mouth shut. 

If the election were today, he'd win pretty easily. Like you said, it depends on how Biden and squad is doing.

I think the Trump thing is played out. At this pointe everyone knows where they stand on him good or bad. And Walker is the most likable Trump guy I think he' ever had. I doubt they have a mad stampede to block him from a Democratic perspective.