Jump to content
270soft Forum

Trump Killing Biden in Rasmussen Poll


vcczar
 Share

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

Yes, I think this is still right. But it's lowering every day. When you have crowds bursting out spontaneously into 'Let's go Brandon' in massive stadiums, you have a problem.

Isn't this just people that didn't vote for Biden anyway?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Fifty-three percent of Iowans said they view Trump favorably, compared to his 48 percent rating when he was in the White House, a recent Des Moines Register/Mediacom Iowa poll shows. 

Biden, on the other hand, has a 37 percent favorable rating in the poll and a 61 percent unfavorable rating.

 

 

That's not surprising. That's 2021 Iowa. Biden, Clinton, or any national Dem at 37 sounds about right. I'm actually sort of surprised Trump isn't higher.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

Dunno - you tell me.

I was asking you. I hadn't even heard of this "Brandon" thing until just now. I looked it up, and to me it seems like it's just a Trump supporter thing. It isn't reported on main pages of TheHill, CNN, Reuters, Associated Press, Politico, RealClearPolitics, or even FoxNews. Probably isn't a big deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I was asking you. I hadn't even heard of this "Brandon" thing until just now. I looked it up, and to me it seems like it's just a Trump supporter thing. It isn't reported on main pages of TheHill, CNN, Reuters, Associated Press, Politico, RealClearPolitics, or even FoxNews. Probably isn't a big deal. 

I think it's in part a symptom of Biden's plunging approval rating. But maybe it would have happened regardless.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, vcczar said:

I was asking you. I hadn't even heard of this "Brandon" thing until just now. I looked it up, and to me it seems like it's just a Trump supporter thing. It isn't reported on main pages of TheHill, CNN, Reuters, Associated Press, Politico, RealClearPolitics, or even FoxNews. Probably isn't a big deal. 

It's being reported by the Babylon Bee, so definitely a big deal.

https://babylonbee.com/news/aides-quickly-drag-president-away-as-he-tries-to-join-in-f-joe-biden-chant

https://babylonbee.com/news/joe-biden-invites-brandon-to-the-white-house-to-congratulate-him-for-his-success

https://babylonbee.com/news/nations-brandons-hit-all-time-high-approval-rating

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, vcczar said:

I was asking you. I hadn't even heard of this "Brandon" thing until just now. I looked it up, and to me it seems like it's just a Trump supporter thing. It isn't reported on main pages of TheHill, CNN, Reuters, Associated Press, Politico, RealClearPolitics, or even FoxNews. Probably isn't a big deal. 

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/the-phrase-lets-go-brandon-has-become-an-internet-sensation-fueled-by-trump-supporters-heres-why

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/3/2021 at 6:36 AM, vcczar said:

Still got 3 months and 3 years.

The mid-terms are a bit more pressing, where the popularity of an incumbent President seems to have an effect on Congressional races. But still lots of time to right the ship.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

Here's an article in Newsweek for people who need jokes explained to them.

https://www.newsweek.com/lets-go-brandon-meme-explained-1637434

This reminds of a week ago when I went to Bristol, PA. I’m not sure what the general politics of the town is. Seems kinda mixed. But there was this 80-year-old angry white guy driving around in an old vintage hot rod with a huge “F Joe Biden” sign. That was the first time I saw that. I didn’t get much of a reaction out of. Sort of seemed like a desperate old man trying to cling to some sort of relevance in the 21st century. I didn’t see anyone else really reacting to him either. I am yet to see an open Trump supporter in Eastern PA or Western or Southern NJ that is younger than than 50 or non-white and male. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, vcczar said:

This reminds of a week ago when I went to Bristol, PA. I’m not sure what the general politics of the town is. Seems kinda mixed. But there was this 80-year-old angry white guy driving around in an old vintage hot rod with a huge “F Joe Biden” sign. That was the first time I saw that. I didn’t get much of a reaction out of. Sort of seemed like a desperate old man trying to cling to some sort of relevance in the 21st century. I didn’t see anyone else really reacting to him either. I am yet to see an open Trump supporter in Eastern PA or Western or Southern NJ that is younger than than 50 or non-white and male. 

People should start getting pissed at Biden in year 3 not end of year 1. By year 3 there will probably be a parade of them driving along. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Would like your thoughts on this @vcczar. This article really spells out my concerns for Biden's chances.

 

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/11/biden-coronavirus-pandemic-515764

 

Why isn’t President Joe Biden’s diminished job rating rebounding?

All nine participants from Tuesday’s session gave Biden C- grades or lower. And their answers circled back to a similar point: The pandemic and the many ways it continues to hinder normal life is souring their views of Biden.

People don’t feel like their lives have been improved. They did sort of feel that promises aren’t being kept.”

 They point to polling showing strong support for his legislative agenda, anchored by physical infrastructure and social and climate spending packages (*This isn't getting passed unless in a bipartisan way).

But Biden’s standing with Americans has plummeted, with his average approval rating plunging by nearly 15 points since late June. He's seen a drop among Democrats and even more with Republicans, but the decline has been particularly steep among independent voters (major red flag).

Longwell said she was struck by how similar the concerns of Democrats sounded to Republicans, and also by how little Democrats in her surveys blame Republicans for standing in Biden’s way. It’s a point echoed by nearly a dozen strategists who have compiled or reviewed research into Biden’s precipitous decline.

In interviews in the swing state of Georgia and focus groups conducted in other battlegrounds, most Democratic base voters echoed those concerns. Kayla Scott, 30, a cafe worker in southeast Atlanta, said more financial assistance from the federal government to help with the pandemic fallout would go a long way (0 chance this ever happens again).

Future Majority President Mark Riddle, whose recent surveys with Change Research look at battleground states and swing congressional districts, called it concerning that Biden’s approval rating on handling Covid stood at 46 percent in battleground states.

Just two presidents in the post-World War II era — including Trump — have had worse approval ratings than Biden by this point in their tenures. And although that may be a product of a more polarized nation, his foundering is fraying nerves among Democrats across the country — especially in Virginia, where a governor’s race next month presents one of the party’s first major political tests since Biden took office.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, PoliticalPundit said:

Would like your thoughts on this @vcczar. This article really spells out my concerns for Biden's chances.

 

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/10/11/biden-coronavirus-pandemic-515764

 

Why isn’t President Joe Biden’s diminished job rating rebounding?

All nine participants from Tuesday’s session gave Biden C- grades or lower. And their answers circled back to a similar point: The pandemic and the many ways it continues to hinder normal life is souring their views of Biden.

People don’t feel like their lives have been improved. They did sort of feel that promises aren’t being kept.”

 They point to polling showing strong support for his legislative agenda, anchored by physical infrastructure and social and climate spending packages (*This isn't getting passed unless in a bipartisan way).

But Biden’s standing with Americans has plummeted, with his average approval rating plunging by nearly 15 points since late June. He's seen a drop among Democrats and even more with Republicans, but the decline has been particularly steep among independent voters (major red flag).

Longwell said she was struck by how similar the concerns of Democrats sounded to Republicans, and also by how little Democrats in her surveys blame Republicans for standing in Biden’s way. It’s a point echoed by nearly a dozen strategists who have compiled or reviewed research into Biden’s precipitous decline.

In interviews in the swing state of Georgia and focus groups conducted in other battlegrounds, most Democratic base voters echoed those concerns. Kayla Scott, 30, a cafe worker in southeast Atlanta, said more financial assistance from the federal government to help with the pandemic fallout would go a long way (0 chance this ever happens again).

Future Majority President Mark Riddle, whose recent surveys with Change Research look at battleground states and swing congressional districts, called it concerning that Biden’s approval rating on handling Covid stood at 46 percent in battleground states.

Just two presidents in the post-World War II era — including Trump — have had worse approval ratings than Biden by this point in their tenures. And although that may be a product of a more polarized nation, his foundering is fraying nerves among Democrats across the country — especially in Virginia, where a governor’s race next month presents one of the party’s first major political tests since Biden took office.

 

Nothing too informative here. And it’s to be expected so long as the pandemic is going on. A lot of what is happening to Biden was also affecting Trump as they were both dealing with the pandemic. 

One reason Biden’s average approval is still better than Trump’s average approval is probably due to Biden’s desire to do the things people want: infrastructure and more financial assistance. Two things you comment on that are brought up in the article as things voters want. Neither would likely be a priority for Trump. 

I think Biden and Democrats will likely be doomed if the pandemic continues through midterms. The analogy is Carter losing in 1980 because he couldn’t resolve the issues given to him from the Nixon/Ford presidencies—mostly stagflation, energy crisis, urban blight, etc. Biden could be in a Carter situation. 

Republicans are looking at certain victory if this continues so long as Trump isn’t the nominee. Trump as nominee would probably give Democrats at least a 40% to 50% chance of victory. 

I expect Democrats to somewhat turn this around so long as they get things through Congress before midterms. They got a year.  My hope is the pandemic will be over by then and Biden can claim to have brought the country out of it (exaggerated claim, I know). I also hope Democrats provoke Trump to jump in the race too early (pre-midterms) so that the midterms are about Trump and not Biden. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, vcczar said:

Nothing too informative here. And it’s to be expected so long as the pandemic is going on. A lot of what is happening to Biden was also affecting Trump as they were both dealing with the pandemic. 

One reason Biden’s average approval is still better than Trump’s average approval is probably due to Biden’s desire to do the things people want: infrastructure and more financial assistance. Two things you comment on that are brought up in the article as things voters want. Neither would likely be a priority for Trump. 

I think Biden and Democrats will likely be doomed if the pandemic continues through midterms. The analogy is Carter losing in 1980 because he couldn’t resolve the issues given to him from the Nixon/Ford presidencies—mostly stagflation, energy crisis, urban blight, etc. Biden could be in a Carter situation. 

Republicans are looking at certain victory if this continues so long as Trump isn’t the nominee. Trump as nominee would probably give Democrats at least a 40% to 50% chance of victory. 

I expect Democrats to somewhat turn this around so long as they get things through Congress before midterms. They got a year.  My hope is the pandemic will be over by then and Biden can claim to have brought the country out of it (exaggerated claim, I know). I also hope Democrats provoke Trump to jump in the race too early (pre-midterms) so that the midterms are about Trump and not Biden. 

I struggle to see how Biden wins given he ran on being able to get us out of covid and once again falsely declared victory on 4th of July and that “covid was behind us”. 
 

Infrastructure is not getting passed and I give it even less of a chance any more financial aid is going anyone’s way anytime soon. Do you foresee manchin and sinema caving on 2.5 trillion more spending or the progressives? Neither will budge and both will feel vindicated for doing so. 
 

pandemic will be a thing till at least April of next year. And this debate on masks, vaccines etc will still be an issue with a lot of residual anger going into the midterm. When people realize they will need to go back to their jobs, they’ve run out of government money and none is coming on the way they will be pissed! 
 

even a 50% chance w trump is surprisingly much higher odds than I thought you’d give. That’s good!

 

Agreed ideally the midterms are not about trump and more a referendum on Biden. The Virginia race next month will be very  telling to see. 

and I really wouldn’t get your hopes up on Congress or anything substantial passing. As someone following the infrastructure bill since February, I could not be any more pessimistic. What has become “end of October”

will end up being “end of this year” deadline and so on. And by 2022, everyone will be so concerned on getting re-elected no one will be making “sacrifices” at the risk of their job security and supporters 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Anthony_270 said:

Jimmy Carter continues to move up the rankings of Presidents ...

That's because we are becoming more and more focused on human rights and the environment. It's also probably because more and more presidents and candidates seem to lack integrity. Carter was also relatively non-interventionist compared to all other Cold War presidents, and we are in a period where people want to be more non-interventionist. Carter comes off as ahead of his time. This is my rationale as to why he is rising. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...