270soft Forum

Next update thread

Anthony_270

8 hours ago, Anthony_270 said:

Welcome suggestions for leader options re Senate 2020.

Chuck Grassley, John Barrasso, John Thune, Roy Blunt, John Cornyn, Joni Ernst, Todd Young, Mike Lee, Mike Crapo, Shelley Moore Capito, Cory Gardner, James Lankford, Martha McSally,  Rob Portman, Mitt Romney, Tim Scott, Thom Tillis, Todd Young

Dick Durbin, Patty Murray, Debbie Stabenow, Mark Warner, Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobuchar, Joe Manchin, Tammy Baldwin, Catherine Cortez-Masto, Brian Schatz, Cory Booker, Jeff Merkley, Bernie Sanders

• Upvote 1

On 10/18/2021 at 8:47 PM, IndependentPerson said:

Chuck Grassley, John Barrasso, John Thune, Roy Blunt, John Cornyn, Joni Ernst, Todd Young, Mike Lee, Mike Crapo, Shelley Moore Capito, Cory Gardner, James Lankford, Martha McSally,  Rob Portman, Mitt Romney, Tim Scott, Thom Tillis, Todd Young

Dick Durbin, Patty Murray, Debbie Stabenow, Mark Warner, Elizabeth Warren, Amy Klobuchar, Joe Manchin, Tammy Baldwin, Catherine Cortez-Masto, Brian Schatz, Cory Booker, Jeff Merkley, Bernie Sanders

Game is already way more fun playing as Cocaine Mitch. ;)

These are good lists - I'm looking for leaders who are significantly different from each other.

Short list right now for Senate 2020 is

Rs

• Cocaine Mitch (actual Majority Leader)
  • Rand Paul
  • Cruz
  • Romney (anti-Trump)
  • Ernst
  • Grassley (old but crafty)

Ds

• Schumer (actual Minority Leader)
  • Manchin
  • Sinema
  • Warren
  • Booker
  • Sanders (what if he officially became a Dem?)

1 hour ago, Anthony_270 said:

Game is already way more fun playing as Cocaine Mitch. ;)

These are good lists - I'm looking for leaders who are significantly different from each other.

Short list right now for Senate 2020 is

Rs

• Cocaine Mitch (actual Majority Leader)
  • Rand Paul
  • Cruz
  • Romney (anti-Trump)
  • Ernst
  • Grassley (old but crafty)

Ds

• Schumer (actual Minority Leader)
  • Manchin
  • Sinema
  • Warren
  • Booker
  • Sanders (what if he officially became a Dem?)

Ted Cruz and Sherrod Brown possibly. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Anthony_270 said:

I really prefer viewing the data in the spreadsheet. Much easier to see things at a glance.

It is possible to make a spreadsheet inside the editor, but for now I think the import-export is sufficient.

Would you consider making a 'How To' guide on using this feature (how we should lay out the sheet, parameters for info, etc.) in a doc for the stupid (me) tech illiterate among us (lol)?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

Would you consider making a 'How To' guide on using this feature (how we should lay out the sheet, parameters for info, etc.) in a doc for the stupid (me) tech illiterate among us (lol)?

You just press the Export button in the Editor, and it creates it for you. 😎

Then you edit the relevant fields in a spreadsheet program, saving as Csv format.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, IndependentPerson said:

Is there a way for run-off elections? Louisiana, Washington, California have a blanket/jungle primary & Mississippi uses runoff elections in special elections.

Maybe at some point in the future. No plans for this right now.

People asking if there will ever be a new 270soft game need to realized 270soft is like Rockstar Games. 270soft Online makes boatloads of cash enough so that 270soft (the company) doesn't need to release Grand President Infinity 6 or Red Congress Infinity 3 or even Bully the Prime Ministers Into Infinity 2. 

Stop asking for new games, they're not coming, you're welcome.

(just kidding, hope the update slog is treating you well Anth, I see ya Indie Person)

• Thanks 1

Today in Virginia will mark a benchmark for Polling (once again), party momentum (jUsT lIkE pReSiDeNt InFiNiTy!!!) and the race to "stop the count" for both sides. I'll see y'all on the flip side.

Also thinking on the Congress Infinity "primaries" suggestion...If there were a seperate Primaries function (like there is in President Infinity) for scenarios like Rhode Island and Massachusetts Congressional races-where it don't matter what Republican runs-may be a good idea. Otherwise, you gotta make "Other Democrat" parties to do the whole "general" as a "primary" race. It's complicated and cumbersome, but unless we get a President Infinity-type Primaries game "mode", that's all I can suggest as to what one can do.

• Thanks 1

First off I want to say I never expected NJ to be as close as it's looking to be. NJ has historically been a havey blue state, and I think this is a mix of anti-Murphyism and anti-Democratism. 

Second, VA. It seems as though, for the first time in a long time, the Republican party will not only (a) control the Governorship, (b) control the House of Delagates, (c) control the Att. General, and (d) control the Lt. Governorship. This is so surprising to me that I can't express it. Of course in 4 years they'll probably have Winsome run for Governor (because you can't run back-to-back), but hey, what a shock.

In terms of Congress Infinity? Well, Anthony, get ready for a fun 2022 scenario set.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Supreme Incompetent Leader said:

This will address multiple issues for non-US scenarios like Canadian and British elections. Good addition!

Ya, the variable was there already, but not accessible through the Editor and not doing everything that needed to be done re the game engine.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, daons said:

Out of interest, what effects does this variable have on the game? It's been a long time since the old PM forever era.

The most obvious effect it has is you don't have poll %s and can't get on the ballot outside of your region(s).

• Like 2